Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Hey, .9 points under the season average for Pettine today. 

Against a team who has fired their head coach and had a top WR out and had virtually nothing to play for and a QB who got knocked out in the 4th quarter. 

i really wish we hadn't given up that long return and that Stafford hadn't been hurt. I would have loved to see our defense w/ a 10point lead and 3min to see if Pettine got any better after the player talk.

His unit gave up a FG after starting in FG range, so it's a net draw there. A 31-21 win feels better in Ford Field.

Should bump the Menenga thread

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Against a team who has fired their head coach and had a top WR out and had virtually nothing to play for and a QB who got knocked out in the 4th quarter. 

While I was not impressed with the defense today the Saints heralded defense gave up more pts to depleted offense led by a rookie QB in his first start. People around here would be pretty mad about that.

king played horribly today

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And a DE playing RT...

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

i really wish we hadn't given up that long return and that Stafford hadn't been hurt. I would have loved to see our defense w/ a 10point lead and 3min to see if Pettine got any better after the player talk.

His unit gave up a FG after starting in FG range, so it's a net draw there. A 31-21 win feels better in Ford Field.

Should bump the Menenga thread

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

While I was not impressed with the defense today the Saints heralded defense gave up more pts to depleted offense led by a rookie QB in his first start. People around here would be pretty mad about that.

king played horribly today

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

And a DE playing RT...

^

We could have 2019 Rodgers and win a Super Bowl this year if we had a halfway decent DC.

So sick of doing literally everything right as a franchise EXCEPT fire poor coaches when they deserve to be fired instead of one, two, three years after.

Hot take, but we have had the talent in at LEAST 6 of the last 10 years to win a Super Bowl, but were held back due to faulty defensive coordinators.

Also, I’m not going to stop.

Sorry if it irritates people, and I get it if it does, but one thing that absolutely infuriates me is having the talent but not the coaching.

I defended Capers a LOT because I felt a lot of times he didn’t have the talent.

That is NOT the case with Pettine.  And we’re mostly healthy, too!

That never happened with Capers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, I’m not going to stop.

Sorry if it irritates people, and I get it if it does, but one thing that absolutely infuriates me is having the talent but not the coaching.

I defended Capers a LOT because I felt a lot of times he didn’t have the talent.

That is NOT the case with Pettine.  And we’re mostly healthy, too!

That never happened with Capers.

Agreed. Two very different situations. Capers was elite when he had talent. He'd be drooling over the pieces in this secondary and would be calling plays that build their confidence like Capers did developing the Woodson/Tramon/Shields trio. I wish we had someone that could call the plays that boost the confidence of our Alexander/Savage/Amos/King quartet...

• Like 1

He didn't "go crazy." He moved really quickly towards his defensive staff and was bouncing back and forth between them vigorously talking to them. It's about as big of a freak out as you're gonna get from MLF. The camera then went to Pettine who was way on the other end of the sideline lol.

• Like 1