Pettine's Gone, but Outpost is Back

MacReady

7 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I wasn't even upset when Redmond dropped the INT in real time. I was 100% sure the Bucs would punt. Even when the offense came back onto the field, I thought 100% they would just try to draw us offside and take a delay of game. That was a gutsy play call and we just absolutely **** the bed.

So.....using these experiences as a teaching moment....going forward...

Dont trust your instincts 😄

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Whatever we do we have to replace #25 .. he's an accident waiting to happen.  If he catches the gift wrapped interception from Brady the Packers might be preparing for the Chiefs right now. 

He avoided that interception like someone paid him to do so.  He didn't even drop it, he just pulled his hands out of the way like he wasn't allowed to even try to catch it.  Redmond is such a freaking turd.

1 minute ago, MaximusGluteus said:

He avoided that interception like someone paid him to do so.  He didn't even drop it, he just pulled his hands out of the way like he wasn't allowed to even try to catch it.  Redmond is such a freaking turd.

In my mind when I saw that I'm convinced he thought it was 4th down and that catching it would give the Packers worse field position because he did definitely pull his hands away from catching it

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

In my mind when I saw that I'm convinced he thought it was 4th down and that catching it would give the Packers worse field position because he did definitely pull his hands away from catching it

My first reaction was he was afraid of running straight into the receiver and DB and pulled up like he was expecting contact.  Regardless, my heart sank because I had a strange feeling it was going to come back and haunt them.  It did.

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Disagree. If he was just trying to kill the ball, he'd have simply knocked it down. Rather, he extended both hands in a manner to make the reception and simply did a really bad job of actually catching it.

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

My first reaction was he was afraid of running straight into the receiver and DB and pulled up like he was expecting contact.  Regardless, my heart sank because I had a strange feeling it was going to come back and haunt them.  It did.

Redmond's issues are purely mental. He has the speed and athleticism to get to the play; it's what happens(or doesn't happen usually) after he's there. That "dropped" INT is a very strong example. There have been several other times where he gets to the play and is waiting to help out another player make the tackle or push the dude out of bounds instead of taking charge and doing it himself....

...it's why he probably won't be back or will be cut...

@Outpost31 never change, you catty ***** you.  Gotta think there's a bit of a desire to get the new DC picked out and in house ASAP so he can tell Gute whether he's making a run at King or not.  The interest in Richard sure points toward keeping King, that's the defense I'd want him in ideally, so we'll see how things shake out.