Alcohol Thread!

Glen

2 hours ago, MrDrew said:

They do them here at the speakeasy I hang out when it snows, or drops below 20. Jerry Thomas' tradition was to serve it when it got below 20, but ti doesn't do it enough here to only do it then. It doesn't seem to be a really common thing though. Most people wouldn't touch it if they saw how it was made either.

You mean because of the eggs?  

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know of any simple cocktails that would feature a scotch or single malt whiskey? Or decent kinda unique and pretty simple cocktails you like featuring whiskey? Or fall themed fall drinks that preferably don’t feature pumpkin spice lol

32 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Does anyone know of any simple cocktails that would feature a scotch or single malt whiskey? Or decent kinda unique and pretty simple cocktails you like featuring whiskey? Or fall themed fall drinks that preferably don’t feature pumpkin spice lol

rusty nail.

drambue and scotch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Malfatron said:

rusty nail.

drambue and scotch.

150% this.  Rusty nails own.  They're one of the absolute best cocktails.

They're perfect for fall too.  They feel warm and tingly, and harvesty because of all the flavours of the Drambuie.

Do 'em up with a cheaper blended scotch imo tho.  Not only saves money, but it just works out better for the cocktail tbh.  Ballentines is my fav, or Famous Grouse...which Costco basically sells cheap as heck as an off-brand thing that's absolutely perfect for Rusty Nails.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tyty said:

While on our cruise last year, they had a drink they called the Nutty Scotsman that used Scotch, Frangelico, pineapple juice and I think lime. They were good, but I can't replicate at home. It is good if you just mix the Scotch and Frangelico though.

• Like 1