OT Andre Dillard out for season with torn bicep

.Buzz

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:
6 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Why?

I Think You Already Know Season 1 GIF by The Chi - Find & Share on GIPHY

Besides depth our OL is better now and our receivers have looked good in camp and haven't been dropping anything.

You can always get another QB in fantasy and if you drafted Wentz then I'm guessing you got a nice back-up too.

6 hours ago, tab said:
6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

My Carson Wentz pick in fantasy looks worse now. 

this is why you draft right before the season

this has to drop Miles Sanders too

Upgrading to a better run blocker at LT and a better RG hurts Sanders value? That's news to me.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:
6 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Formidable loss for that formidable offensive line

I see I stung somebody

Don't worry he'll be crying when the Cowboys lose the division in the final week to us with like 3 OL, a TE and 2 WRs missing in week 17. 😂

56 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Upgrading to a better run blocker at LT and a better RG hurts Sanders value? That's news to me.

for how long

edit: i mean why not start peters to begin with if he's really that much of an upgrade? 

Edited by tab
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, tab said:
1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

for how long

edit: i mean why not start peters to begin with if he's really that much of an upgrade? 

Who knows? Peters usually plays in most games, but he's good for going down for brief periods of time or a game or two.

And, because they were trying to look towards the future and wanted to instill confidence in Dillard and Peters was gonna want $ if he was the starter at LT I'm sure... probably more than he got to come in and try and play RG when Brooks went down. If Brooks doesn't go down, then I don't know if we bring back Peters, but obviously it ended up being the right move as it provided us insurance in the case Dillard really struggled or got hurt like this.

Peters is still good for some false starts which is a little annoying. I understand why he does it, cause he tries to time the snap due to his athleticism not being on the elite level it once was, but he played really good last year, especially when you consider dude is a dinosaur lol.

Our main concern now is more with depth with Dillard and Brooks out. We may get Brooks back late in the season cause he's a freak, but can't count on it obviously.

Wouldn't surprise me if we sign or trade for some insurance if they don't believe whoever on the roster can adequately back-up Peters which might be the case.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Besides depth our OL is better now and our receivers have looked good in camp and haven't been dropping anything.

You can always get another QB in fantasy and if you drafted Wentz then I'm guessing you got a nice back-up too.

Matt Ryan, its gonna be a long year of guessing wrong which one will have the better week

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 9:35 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

You're assuming Peters hasn't regressed at all, even though last year he clearly regressed as a run blocker (but still held it down in pass pro) and will now be the oldest starting OT I can think of in the last 20 years. What is the upgrade at RG? 

I don't think you remember how bad our ol looked last year, especially against teams that weren't the Giants or Redskins. Kelce and Brooks were consistently good. Lane, Peters, and Isaac were not. Kelce is now even older, and Brooks is done for the year, so ol might be a more wild ride than you anticipate, especially once Peters goes down, which is going to happen. 

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:
On 8/27/2020 at 9:35 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

You're assuming Peters hasn't regressed at all, even though last year he clearly regressed as a run blocker (but still held it down in pass pro) and will now be the oldest starting OT

True, but Peters should still be at least on par as a run blocker as Dillard, but maybe without the same range in space.

What is the upgrade at RG? 

Pryor at RG is an upgrade over Peters. Not an upgrade over Brooks obviously.

so ol might be a more wild ride than you anticipate,

No.

I fully expect OL to be rocky and am worried about it, but our starting point this year isn't too much different than where we left off in our playoff game against the Seahawks.

We need Pryor to show decent improvement from what he showed in the Giants and Seahawks games filling in for Brooks last year. We need Peters to stay healthy which is a big ask. We need Brandon Brooks to come back fast from his achilles like he did last time with a shot of getting him back at the end of the season or for the playoffs. We need some of the rookies like Driscoll and Tega Wanagho to hopefully be able to step in like Pryor did late last year if we do have injuries and have to reshuffle. 

I'm not in full panic mode yet cause I know Wentz can help mitigate some of what will be some definite deficiencies with the offensive line, but its not like I'm not worried about that situation. We likely will have to get the ball out quick a lot and won't be able to hit the amount of deep shots we should with the speed we added at WR which is unfortunate.