Final Roster Cuts/Moves Thread

e16bball

4 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

You guys are arguing, debating, piss contesting or something...

But the truth is... all of you are correct in some form or another.

Is Haskins in a tough spot for a yr 2 QB, when most teams surround their franchise QB with better talent?

Absolutely

Didn't we try to get Haskins some talent by offering Amari cooper a crazy offer and showing big interest in Austin Hooper as well & possibly others?

Absolutely

Is this Coach Rivera's 1st yr here & doesn't he want to find out what kind of hand he's been dealt, considering all the 1 yr deals most guys we sign get & the youngsters he already has & has kept?

Absolutely

Has this Covid19 Plandemic been a detriment to our team & our ability to be more aggressive this off season, than we probably planned for?

Absolutely

The fact of the matter is....you guys are pissed, concerned or whatever about things you don't even know are going to play a huge role in what Rivera & the team are trying to do now.

We've just had our team name stripped from us, after being fans our whole lives...

You have to wear a diaper on your face, everytime you want to buy a loaf of bread, or probably tailgate in your neighbors back yard.

I say....who cares...

Who gives a **** about things out of our control...

Are you going to be mad about not re-signing Sherff, when your yanked from your home and thrown in a fema camp because you refused the vaccine?

Are you going to be concerned about how were using Apke at FS, when Antifa is throwing bricks through your home window?

Everything you guys are talking about could be true....you may be right. But until you see it unfold, you're arguing about something that may not be the case.

What you should be concerned about, is stopping Desean Jackson from streaking down the sidelines for 3 TD's in the first half. Like we always see, no matter the defense we put on the field.

Or will there be a yr 2 for Rivera, considering what he's going through at the moment?

Point is...let Rivera do his thing, let the team come together & let's see what these guys can do. We're probably the youngest team in football, so mistakes are gonna happen. But maybe, just maybe? We have the ingredients to surprise this season.

Either way, let's enjoy the season & be glad there is one.

Ace - cut it out with the political crap.

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

I’m fine with most of what you guys are saying, but I have to push back on this point. 

I too thought they made a strong offer for Amari and he just chose Dallas for various reasons  — right up until Keim said our offer came with just $23M in guaranteed money. For reference, Amari ended up getting $60M guaranteed from the Cowboys. Austin Hooper got $23M guaranteed — on his $42M contract.

That’s not a legitimate offer for a top 10ish WR. That’s a blatant low-ball. One has to assume their goal was either to drive up the price for the Cowboys or just to allow themselves to say they “made a big offer to Amari Cooper” to placate impatient fans. Assuming Keim was correct about the guaranteed money, I’m sure Cooper never gave that “offer” a moment’s consideration. 

Yeah. That is pretty low. 

13 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

And yet, @MKnight82's post was that he wants to be able to evaluate Haskins and that it would be bad if he got injured early because...wait for it...we wouldn't be able to evaluate him.

Kinda invalidates your point about him.

*sigh*

Literally no one is saying we have a fantastic offense. This entire rant by you, wasted your time arguing with...no one. 

Your not reading peoples responses. You know like the ones where they suggested that we "Tried" to sign Cooper and Hooper. Yet Cooper deal was significantly short on Guaranteed money. 

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Your not reading peoples responses. You know like the ones where they suggested that we "Tried" to sign Cooper and Hooper. Yet Cooper deal was significantly short on Guaranteed money. 

I've read every response. The team did try. Unfortunately their offer just flat out sucked.  @e16bball brought in the part about the guaranteed $ and I agree with him that it was woefully short of what it needed to be. Which is why many (not all - you will have some people that look at things differently) people on the forum have been ticked that they haven't done much to land FAs this offseason. 

I mean, I get that we need to evaluate the roster. But we could've added Cooper and Hooper this offseason if the F.O. had wanted to come off the $$. Unfortunately I don't run the F.O. (but I wish I did).

NONE of what you just posted however has to do with @MKnight82 saying it would be bad if Haskins got injured and we couldn't evaluate him. I mean it literally is a non sequitor.

21 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Because I don't evaluate players as good or bad based solely on stats means I'm not answering the question? 

You're ascribing a method of evaluation of players to me that I've never adhered to. 

So why should I do that?

Because it's plays a HUGE part in how some will judge Haskins. Some judge only on Stats. That's why I gave the 4 TD's to the D giving up 5 TD's example. 

You and I seem to judge differently than others. I know all the BS Haskins has delt with plus the lack of offensive weapons he has to work with. So his Stats or where we end up in the Draft I know isn't Completely on him.

2 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I've read every response. The team did try. Unfortunately their offer just flat out sucked.  @e16bball brought in the part about the guaranteed $ and I agree with him that it was woefully short of what it needed to be. Which is why many (not all - you will have some people that look at things differently) people on the forum have been ticked that they haven't done much to land FAs this offseason. 

I mean, I get that we need to evaluate the roster. But we could've added Cooper and Hooper this offseason if the F.O. had wanted to come off the $$. Unfortunately I don't run the F.O. (but I wish I did).

NONE of what you just posted however has to do with @MKnight82 saying it would be bad if Haskins got injured and we couldn't evaluate him. I mean it literally is a non sequitor.

It would be bad because that wouldn't give Mknight the pleasure of being right in his opinion of Haskins. We'd then might pass on his guy Lawrence without a full evaluation of Haskins. 

Mknight wants Haskins to fail if you ask me. 

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Because it's plays a HUGE part in how some will judge Haskins. Some judge only on Stats. That's why I gave the 4 TD's to the D giving up 5 TD's example. 

You and I seem to judge differently than others. I know all the BS Haskins has delt with plus the lack of offensive weapons he has to work with. So his Stats or where we end up in the Draft I know isn't Completely on him.

And since you judge a QB by his stats and were asking others for theirs, it's why I asked you for what you think he will put up.

Me? My judgement on him as a QB pretty much aligns with @naptownskinsfan's post on how he is going to evaluate him. It's not on the stats. It's on HOW he plays.

A 1 TD, 3 INT loss does not necessarily mean that Haskins had a bad game. It could be that he read the defenses well and distributed the ball efficiently and the offense moved well. And then 3 on-target passes the receivers popped the ball up to the defenders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

It would be bad because that wouldn't give Mknight the pleasure of being right in his opinion of Haskins. We'd then might pass on his guy Lawrence without a full evaluation of Haskins. 

Mknight wants Haskins to fail if you ask me. 

Why don't we ask him?

@MKnight82, do you want Haskins to fail?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

And since you judge a QB by his stats and were asking others for theirs, it's why I asked you for what you think he will put up.

Me? My judgement on him as a QB pretty much aligns with @naptownskinsfan's post on how he is going to evaluate him. It's not on the stats. It's on HOW he plays.

A 1 TD, 3 INT loss does not necessarily mean that Haskins had a bad game. It could be that he read the defenses well and distributed the ball efficiently and the offense moved well. And then 3 on-target passes the receivers popped the ball up to the defenders.

No I Judge by how they play on the field with Talent around them. That's why I brung my prediction down on what I think his stats will be. He can't throw 24-30 TDs with only 1 reliable target in Mclaruin. He can't throw for but so many yards with only 1 WR on the team who had over 500 yards receiving last year. 

Now if he was in Denver or Arizona I would stand by those predictions. Those teams added offensive weapons for their young QB's. 

35 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Why don't we ask him?

@MKnight82, do you want Haskins to fail?

What?  Why would I want him to fail that is a silly question.  I have no emotional attachment to him whatsoever, but the team spent a first round pick on him so obviously the best result would be for him to be a homerun pro bowl player.  I didn’t want us to draft him, but that doesn’t mean I want him to fail now that he’s here. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

No I Judge by how they play on the field with Talent around them. That's why I brung my prediction down on what I think his stats will be. He can't throw 24-30 TDs with only 1 reliable target in Mclaruin. He can't throw for but so many yards with only 1 WR on the team who had over 500 yards receiving last year. 

Now if he was in Denver or Arizona I would stand by those predictions. Those teams added offensive weapons for their young QB's. 

And yet every response you give to others is to ask them to judge good and bad, via stats. And even in your response above, you're still focused on stats he will or won't put up because of the talent around him. It's why the observer of your posts will come to the conclusion that you judge a QB based upon the stats and not HOW he plays in the games.

My point to you, always has been, that I'm not worried about the amount of TDs or INTs he throws as long as he is showing progression as a QB. I agree that the offense is lacking in proven talent. I don't expect much in the way of stats this year. Which is why I'm focused on the other things that matter more in terms of evaluating a QB.

Now, if he throws a bad INT? Yeah. I'll get on him. If he throws an INT where I can't really blame him for it? I'm not gonna bash him. It;s all conditional and has to do with the play in question. And it has nothing. I repeat. Nothing...to do with how many TDs, yards, or INTs because of the talent he has or doesn't have around him. 

• Like 1