Saints Open to Trading Kamara

HTTRDynasty

35 minutes ago, Sauce Castillo said:

Also, I think Taysom is probably gone at some point as well considering they drafted a similar player in Stevens and for all his faults Jameis is probably a better option at QB. Now, if Jameis shows alot paying him may be another issue.

You think they’d go that route with only $5M in savings? Still $11M on the books.

12 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You think they’d go that route with only $5M in savings? Still $11M on the books.

Think it depends on Tommy Stevens development and if Taysom can actually play QB. Which we will probably not find out if Brees stays healthy. Reality is he will be 30 and i dont care what Sean says nothing they have done says to me they actually believe he is a qb

This is like the 1 time i wanted to see multiple preseason games with Jameis/Hill fighting for the backup spot lol. 

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

If Taysom is the starting QB next...which I believe is likely...his contract will be a bargain. 

If Taysom is the starting QB then you guys are kinda screwed. Lets ignore any throwing attributes he does or doesnt have, IF he starts he wouldnt have really seen any significant # of snaps at QB in 5 years. Thats a big mountain to overcome for anyone, let alone a guy with hills skill set.

5 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Highly doubt Taysom Hill starts at any point. Jameis Winston was brought in for that purpose, and will very likely be our QB once Brees retires (likely after this year). Hill will continue to be our jack of all trades gadget player.

This....

Payton keeps talking him up but everything they do tells me otherwise. You dont keep signing more accomplished QBs if you want him to have that spot. 

It was only a 1 year extension. Not like they couldnt get out of it if they had to.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Highly doubt Taysom Hill starts at any point. Jameis Winston was brought in for that purpose, and will very likely be our QB once Brees retires (likely after this year). Hill will continue to be our jack of all trades gadget player.

Hill is an expensive utility player... Are you sure there isn't more confidence in Hill than Winston at this point? What do you expect when Brees retires? QB roulette until one edges it out?

35 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I disagree. Follow the money. Winston was signed to a vet minimum. Taysom Hill was signed to about $3-4 million/season more than he was expected to be paid as a joker. 

31 minutes ago, Drained said:

Hill is an expensive utility player... Are you sure there isn't more confidence in Hill than Winston at this point? What do you expect when Brees retires? QB roulette until one edges it out?

Yes I'm almost positive. Last season should have shown that. He is probably the most unique player in the league in terms of skillset (which is why they paid what they did, he Sean Payton's chess piece), but he's been with the team for several years now and has attempted a grand total of 13 passes (completing 6 of them) in 32 career games with us. If the team truly believed he could be a successor to Brees, they would have given him more than 6 pass attempts last season when Brees was out for almost half the season, but they didn't go that route, they went exclusively with Bridgewater when Brees was out, and then once Bridgewater was traded, they wasted no time bringing in Winston. It seems they view Winston as the guy if Brees gets injured/retires, which would make sense as he is a legitimate QB with actual QB experience despite his propensity to turn the ball over at a high rate. Hill has at no point in his college or Pro career shown to be a truly effective passer.

9 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I disagree. Follow the money. Winston was signed to a vet minimum. Taysom Hill was signed to about $3-4 million/season more than he was expected to be paid as a joker. 

Disagree see below post. Hill being QB makes zero sense despite the high contract. That said he got a higher than expected contract for a gadget role that has no real comparison to any other player in the NFL in terms of positional value.

9 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Disagree see below post. Hill being QB makes zero sense despite the high contract. That said he got a higher than expected contract for a gadget role that has no real comparison to any other player in the NFL in terms of positional value.

Taysom Hill is currently ahead of Winston. The only reason Winston starts ahead of Hill is if...Winston at QB and Hill at joker > Hill at QB and Winston at joker.