Saints Open to Trading Kamara

HTTRDynasty

Doesn't shock me. Reports were he hasn't been practicing because of the contract, and with a money crunch looming things are going to get dicey on who sticks around. I believe that they have 250M in cap used for next year in a season where the cap at best is static and at worst drops quite a bit. Free agents include Lattimore &  Ramcyzk. You just can't pay a running back what he is worth in that situation. 

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

Just remember that open to does not mean actively looking to trade him.  If the right trade comes through or his contract negotiations don't go well then it becomes more likely.

I wouldn't be surprised if they already know that they can't keep him. If that cap it 180-190 next year, the Saints are hurting. They could maybe get legit value for him as opposed to say a third round comp pick at best. Shedding potentially 75 million in cap dollars next season at that price point of the cap would be a ridiculous ask when you still have Lattimore and Ram as FAs. 

I dont understand this from the Saints. In Drew Brees last season your not going to do everything possible to win a ring and disrupt the team now 2 weeks away from the season?

Seems like the Saints way of playing hardball so he gets back to practice. The "We wont hesitate to trade you to the Washington Football Team" card.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chargers said:

Who could be the suitors willing to pay and give him what he really wants which is the bulk of the carries.

Has he stated that he wants the bulk of the carries? I feel like that would be a weird ask for a running back. I think the Saints use him brilliantly and it probably maximizes his career. I don't know why he'd suddenly want to be "the guy". He's viewed insanely well across the league as it is I would have to imagine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

How up against the cap are the Saints for next year? Only reason this makes sense is because they know they wouldn’t be blue to re-sign him.

A team with Super Bowl aspirations should not be moving a talent like Kamara 

See my earlier posts. They have 254 Million in cap space committed next year. Lattimore and Ramcyzk are free agents. The cap could go as low as 175M, and seems impossible to increase beyond what it is this year. They are going to have to shed a tooooooooooooooooooooooooon of money. 

• Like 3