Saints Open to Trading Kamara

HTTRDynasty

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

See my earlier posts. They have 254 Million in cap space committed next year. Lattimore and Ramcyzk are free agents. The cap could go as low as 175M, and seems impossible to increase beyond what it is this year. They are going to have to shed a tooooooooooooooooooooooooon of money. 

So the salary cap is in fact not a myth? 

• Like 3

Kamara is a solid RB and likely top 5 in the league when healthy but it is not a prime position to seek money. CMC got paid and lets say he continues to get 2,000+ yards rushing/receiving that still doesnt mean winning games, it is a nice piece to have but that still doesnt win you games. Oline, Franchise QB, WR are the top things you look at when building an offense. To me you can easily build up a solid oline and allow any RB to run behind it. Just look at Leveon Bell in Pitt compared to NY he just doesn't mean much when you have an inferior oline or Qb they just struggle then except a few exceptions. You honestly think Kamara can be the difference maker if Brees wasn't his QB? Opposing teams are threatened to be beat in the air by Brees which means less players in the box. Just look at NE all those years with Tom as QB they had a group of guys who were average yet had solid years at RB because people were worried about being beat by the pass then they were by the run. Will it hurt the saints if they traded him sure but it will also hurt them if they pay him top money like CMC once Brees retires. 

51 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont understand this from the Saints. In Drew Brees last season your not going to do everything possible to win a ring and disrupt the team now 2 weeks away from the season?

Seems like the Saints way of playing hardball so he gets back to practice. The "We wont hesitate to trade you to the Washington Football Team" card.

The Saints are going to be contenders after Brees. I think that a good argument can be made there are a number of guys more important to the team right now. If Kamara is looking to get paid like CMC...I think that you have to let him go. BTW...I just picked up Ty Montgomery in a local dynasty league. He's looked really good in Saints camp and will probably be a pretty big contributor if Kamara isn't around.

23 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm pretty sure that the Saints think that Kamara if full of it...with the "injury" hold out...which is becoming too common these days. I really like Kamara. I do think that he is one of the best RBs in the NFL. The problem is that he was injured all last year...at times didn't look like he even wanted to be on the field...and looked like a lost puppy without Ingram. If he's willing to play and stay focused, I want him back. But if he is is an injury-holdout...then sure you've got to shop him.

42 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be runningbacks
Don't let 'em ruin knees and never get paid
Let 'em be quarterbacks and cornerbacks and such
Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be runningbacks

Also if you want your son to grow up to become a QB don’t name him Colt

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

The Saints are going to be contenders after Brees. I think that a good argument can be made there are a number of guys more important to the team right now. If Kamara is looking to get paid like CMC...I think that you have to let him go. BTW...I just picked up Ty Montgomery in a local dynasty league. He's looked really good in Saints camp and will probably be a pretty big contributor if Kamara isn't around.

Who is going to be Qb? To say they are going to be contenders after Brees is a huge leap of faith when you do not have a long term Qb locked in as both Brees and your true back up are only locked in for this year. Are you saying Winston is going to be long term answer, if so what are you going to pay him at starter money next year when he seeks a respectable prove it deal? I do agree that you pay him some money but not CMC money which is rumored to be what he is seeking as the media are saying that the Saints have offered him top 5 and he turned it down.

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Did Alvin ever get a contract boost or has he been vastly underpaid on his rookie contract from jumpstart?

He has been on his rookie contract which he is due 2.3 mil this year. They thought it was more important to pay Taysom Hill instead of giving Alvin a bit of a boast by throwing some more money at him for this year. Now they are strapped with cap of only having 3 mil in savings right now. And around $250 mil in cap next year while the projected updated cap is around $175 and this is with brees in his last year of his deal before he likely retires. It will be tough for them to pay Alvin and still manage to stay with in cap long term.