Week One Game Day therad: Packers At Minnesota Football Team Vikings

MacReady

44 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Rex Ryan just absolutely scorched the Packers for their draft (along with the rest of the Countdown cast), notably the Love pick. Gotta say, I agree with every word he said. 

I thought we were over complaining about the draft? Its GameDay only positive thoughts in here!

57 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Rex Ryan just absolutely scorched the Packers for their draft (along with the rest of the Countdown cast), notably the Love pick. Gotta say, I agree with every word he said. 

Wait they are still talking about that? It’s September not April.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

lol at even listening to those unemployed clowns. There's a reason the Packers are consistently good and the teams that "win the draft" aren't. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Guess we'll see why today. Does Taylor have return or ST ability? Maybe that played a factor in the decision.

Probably...as a gunner. Ervin, Josh Jackson, and Sullivan are listed as the returners.

Im just shocked because I was hoping EQ would breakout a little this season. Obviously he has 15 other games to do so... but I don’t know how anyone can’t view this as alittle bit of a bad sign for him moving forward.

Just now, Green19 said:

Probably...as a gunner. Ervin, Josh Jackson, and Sullivan are listed as the returners.

Im just shocked because I was hoping EQ would breakout a little this season. Obviously he has 15 other games to do so... but I don’t know how anyone can’t view this as alittle bit of a bad sign for him moving forward.

Hey, if Taylor emerges, I don't see it as a bad sign at all. Can't have one without the other because I don't see us carrying 5 active WR this year very often.

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What we can glean off this information:

I guess that means Barnes could be directly replacing Greene. We could see him on the field alot today or Vernon Scott takes over instead.

Galeai is clearly Ramsey's replacement.

Looks like Lovett is in too for lots of special teams work.

Wagner will very likely will be starting at RT.

Taylor ahead of EQ. Wow. Unexpected. I wonder if this is more to do with special teams rather than how our receiving group is currently ranked?

Our gunners today will likely see a rotation of Redmond, Taylor and Hollman. Not sure if there's a 4th guy in the picture.

It might just be because Taylor's one of my favorite sleepers and I've never been a big St. Brown guy, but I'm not really surprised by this. It might be special teams, but he might have legitimately moved himself up to No. 4 on the depth chart.

I remember reading somewhere someone complaining that Gute likes to keep his "favourites" (Taylor) at the expense of more deserving players (Kumerow).

Looks like it's not just Gute but LaFleur as well. Liked him enough to put him straight onto the active game day roster. :o

We all definitely need to re-evaluate Malik Taylor's current importance to the team.

Edited by Chili