Cowboys place RT La'el Collins on IR

AFlaccoSeagulls

49 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This seems like a rather large loss, does it not?

I suppose it depends on the significance of the injury. If we are talking season ending IR, then yeah. If we are talking IR for three weeks and then back then it's a hurdle, but not anything special. Most teams endure missing a quality piece for 3 weeks at some point of the season. 

IR is going to have such a different connotation this year. It used to feel like a death sentence, but this year it will only feel like an inconvenience. You'll see guys go on it for sprained ankles and such this year, because you can bring unlimited people back and you only have to be on for 3 weeks. I don't know the severity of Collins's injury, but if he is only gone for 3 weeks, the Cowboys have the OL talent and depth to compensate for that. You could do worse than Cam Erving for a few weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

IR is going to have such a different connotation this year. It used to feel like a death sentence, but this year it will only feel like an inconvenience. You'll see guys go on it for sprained ankles and such this year, because you can bring unlimited people back and you only have to be on for 3 weeks. I don't know the severity of Collins's injury, but if he is only gone for 3 weeks, the Cowboys have the OL talent and depth to compensate for that. You could do worse than Cam Erving for a few weeks.

Don’t overlook Brandon Knight either, he was serviceable last year when he had to start a couple games for us. 

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

This is how the IR should have always been done though. More like the IL in baseball than a true injured reserve.

• Like 2