2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

6 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

If I’m getting at least a second round pick this year if not a 1st next year with a reasonable shot at Horn after making the trade, then I could be sold on moving down.

Not trading down if Sewell is starting at me. Taking him all day.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don’t think Horn is making it to #15, but that would certainly be a great scenario. 

I honestly don't see many ways in which two CBs go in the top 14. As such. I'd love to pick up an extra second. Take whatever CB is left. And ride. 

11 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I honestly don't see many ways in which two CBs go in the top 14. As such. I'd love to pick up an extra second. Take whatever CB is left. And ride. 

Obviously trading back to #15 and still landing Horn would be a dream. But I think Cowboys fans are naively optimistic that he'll still be on the board.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Obviously trading back to #15 and still landing Horn would be a dream. But I think Cowboys fans are naively optimistic that he'll still be on the board.

I'd say the possibilities of Horn/Surtain available by the late teens is a higher probability than Pitts available at 10, but less than Sewell at 10. Does that make sense? 

Obviously it is pure conjecture at this point, but I actually think we have tunnel vision. Because WE want a CB, clearly everyone else must be interested. Which I don't think that holds merit. 

29 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I'd say the possibilities of Horn/Surtain available by the late teens is a higher probability than Pitts available at 10, but less than Sewell at 10. Does that make sense? 

Obviously it is pure conjecture at this point, but I actually think we have tunnel vision. Because WE want a CB, clearly everyone else must be interested. Which I don't think that holds merit. 

It's not tunnel vision. Cornerback is a highly valued position, you have two players that sit clearly atop that position, who both have low bust potential in a draft that is high in uncertainty. 

Surtain and Horn are certainly coveted by NFL teams. 

I agree, one is far more likely to be at #15 than Pitts making it to #10. But if you trade back, you have to do so with the idea that both could be gone by the time you pick. And if you are rooting for a trade back, you better be okay with Parsons or Collins, because those are very likely to be at or near the top of Dallas's board at that point.

The way the board looks could change things. But I'm definitely not willing to commit to that trade today. 

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The way the board looks could change things. But I'm definitely not willing to commit to that trade today. 

I absolutely agree with this right now. I need to know what is at 10 before I trade away & for what I get. 

As we get closer, I think we are gonna find come draft day we will have a lot of options - which will likely mean we get over-value for a trade. 

Hope springs eternal. 

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don’t think Horn is making it to #15, but that would certainly be a great scenario. 

I don’t think he will either, but that’s what it would take to get me to consider moving down. But, you already know that.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This is one where if you can trade back to 15 and then trade down again to like 20 (should Horn be gone at 15), it would be ideal. Keeping all compensation this year, we’d get either two 2nds or a 2nd and 3rd out of the trades, and can then pick between Newsome or Barmore at 20. Not a bad position to be in.

Now, if JOK were to slip to 20, he’d be my pick.

I think Surtain and Horn's range is both #8-16. Would be surprised if either go before Carolina or fall past Arizona- suspect Philly and Minnesota will be very interested in both in between, in addition to Dallas of course. IMO, fans and analysts have become so smitten with the offensive talent this year that we've undersold how great Surtain and Horn are or can be. I think they're both damn close to the prospect Okudah was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

I think Surtain and Horn's range is both #8-16. Would be surprised if either go before Carolina or fall past Arizona- suspect Philly and Minnesota will be very interested in both in between, in addition to Dallas of course. IMO, fans and analysts have become so smitten with the offensive talent this year that we've undersold how great Surtain and Horn are or can be. I think they're both damn close to the prospect Okudah was.

I think Philly would be more interested in a CB than Minnesota. My gut tells me that Minnesota wants a DE or QB, should one happen to slide. Philly, on the other hand, is probably watching the CBs and WRs like hawks.

12 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Based on what I have read; it has been the universal opinion that Okudah would be CB1 if he came out in this class. And none have suggested it would be close.

5 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I think Philly would be more interested in a CB than Minnesota. My gut tells me that Minnesota wants a DE or QB, should one happen to slide. Philly, on the other hand, is probably watching the CBs and WRs like hawks.

Yeah I've read Minny is in on the pass rushers, but Zimmer seems to love taking CBs in the first so idk. Think they're in a similar spot to us where BPA anywhere on defense or OL would work. QB would surprise me since there's no way for them to get out of Cousins' deal until it expires in two years- not to mention, we only need to worry about them in the event of a trade down anyway, a scenario that virtually necessitates 5 QBs in the Top 10.

6 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Based on what I have read; it has been the universal opinion that Okudah would be CB1 if he came out in this class. And none have suggested it would be close.

Yeah, well, I disagree, and the "universal" part is definitely untrue. Brett Kollman called Horn his highest graded DB since Jalen Ramsey. Thor Nystrom comped Surtain to Ramsey. We can't just regurgitate Cavanaugh/Brugler/Broaddus and call ourselves well-informed. We can agree to disagree but I think they're all pretty close.

Edited by matt79511