2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I like the one I did a little over a month ago more. Not my favorite choice at DT, but everything else is pretty good.

96-F29-D47-858-A-4-C93-AE56-3-E6-A8-F823

Crazy thing is, Turner did his with humans making all the picks, not a simulator with garbage algorithm.

Short answer is, the Cowboys will not come close to having a draft nearly as successful as either of these, haha.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

30 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Crazy thing is, Turner did his with humans making all the picks, not a simulator with garbage algorithm.

Short answer is, the Cowboys will not come close to having a draft nearly as successful as either of these, haha.

Nope. It would be great if it happened, but I don’t see it.

While the idea of moving down to 15 sounds awesome, especially when you can do mock drafts and see all the "talent" you can get at 15 and with the extra pick.  Still I am hesitant because like madden things normally don't work that way in real life.  IF I am drafting and Surtain is available at 10 I am pulling the trigger.   I also would NOT trade down to get Pitts.  

opps meant trade UP for Pitts...

Edited by quiller

3 minutes ago, quiller said:

While the idea of moving down to 15 sounds awesome, especially when you can do mock drafts and see all the "talent" you can get at 15 and with the extra pick.  Still I am hesitant because like madden things normally don't work that way in real life.  IF I am drafting and Surtain is available at 10 I am pulling the trigger.   I also would NOT trade down to get Pitts.  

Like many of us have said, the decision depends on who is available, who is looking to trade up, what the compensation is for the trade, and who we believe will be available at the later pick. Never get dialed into a player or position. The key is flexibility. 

sooo..  gut feeling on Cowboys com was very interesting.   Most say Slater which is silly as odds are he is long gone.   Next most popular .. Parsons, who started being my no 1 option but listening to so many on this board say he is worthless made me change to Surtain.   The comments on Waddle interested me but that would work in my mind if we also had a "guaranteed" trade set up for Gallup for a high value draft pick, 2nd round at least or another young CB who is still on his rookie deal.  Otherwise I just don't see how adding Waddle really helps us win games this year, and how does cutting a pro bowl level WR in his prime really help you the following year. 

12 minutes ago, quiller said:

sooo..  gut feeling on Cowboys com was very interesting.   Most say Slater which is silly as odds are he is long gone.   Next most popular .. Parsons, who started being my no 1 option but listening to so many on this board say he is worthless made me change to Surtain.   The comments on Waddle interested me but that would work in my mind if we also had a "guaranteed" trade set up for Gallup for a high value draft pick, 2nd round at least or another young CB who is still on his rookie deal.  Otherwise I just don't see how adding Waddle really helps us win games this year, and how does cutting a pro bowl level WR in his prime really help you the following year. 

The team website is trying to sell Slater, Parsons, and Waddle as our top 3 options?

I’ll give them this, they’re trying harder to put out smokescreens than the actual decision makers are

3 hours ago, quiller said:

3 hours ago, matt79511 said:

The team website is trying to sell Slater, Parsons, and Waddle as our top 3 options?

I’ll give them this, they’re trying harder to put out smokescreens than the actual decision makers are

The article was asking each of the writers to say “what they would do at #10”, not what they expect Dallas to do.

Nick Eatman and Mickey Spagnola are the two who chose Parsons, which seems pretty par for the course for those two.

8 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

The article was asking each of the writers to say “what they would do at #10”, not what they expect Dallas to do.

Nick Eatman and Mickey Spagnola are the two who chose Parsons, which seems pretty par for the course for those two.

Linebackers get more tackles, so they’re more important than corners. It’s science.

• Like 1