2021 - NFL Draft Prospects Thread

Texas_OutLaw7

10 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m going to be monumentally disappointed if Dallas murders 4 months worth of anticipation and selects Parsons tomorrow night.  

That nagging suspicion seems to be mounting though.

I would be ecstatic. Would spell the end for Mr. “Watch The Tape” and his terrible contract. 

If Surtain is off the board, I would probably take Parsons. However if Waddle is there, I would highly consider him. 

Edited by Tony7188

9 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I would be ecstatic. Would spell the end for Mr. “Watch The Tape” and his terrible contract. 

If Surtain is off the board, I want Parsons. 

Jaylon's locked in for this year and at risk of release next year with or without Parsons. Parsons would probably have like a 20% snap rate as long as Smith and Vander Esch are healthy.

I do think LB is a priority and that 44 or 75 would be a good spot to land one, since our starters could be gone next year and there's next to no depth. CB is just such a massive hole for us right now, while also being an opportunity to go forward with one of the top tandems under 25 in the league. IMO, LB would still be a problem next year with Parsons and no Jaylon or LVE.

Edited by matt79511

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

If Surtain is off the board, I would probably take Parsons. However if Waddle is there, I would highly consider him. 

Drafting Jaylon Smith to replace Jaylon Smith because you hate Jaylon Smith is an interesting strategy.

• Like 2

The only thing I have heard bad about Parsons other then "he's not a NFL football player", is there were concerns about his character in the past. Saying he is Jaylon Smith clone is a little off in my mind.   The Jaylon Smith I watched in college was a totally different animal that played last year or any year for us. I started to see some of his skills and big play instinct and had hopes he would build on that,  but it sure went away last year. 

I find the comment about tackles making some one more important kinda funny especially when you consider Jaylon Smith was third in the NFL in tackles last year. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, quiller said:

The only thing I have heard bad about Parsons other then "he's not a NFL football player", is there were concerns about his character in the past. Saying he is Jaylon Smith clone is a little off in my mind.   The Jaylon Smith I watched in college was a totally different animal that played last year or any year for us. I started to see some of his skills and big play instinct and had hopes he would build on that,  but it sure went away last year. 

I find the comment about tackles making some one more important kinda funny especially when you consider Jaylon Smith was third in the NFL in tackles last year. 

Thank you. Parsons is Jaylon Smith before injury 

1 hour ago, quiller said:

They are not the same, you are right. But both of them are linebackers who are just out there guessing most of the time, who are too often too soft, and can be exposed in coverage. I think Jaylon’s injury has a lot to do with that for him, because he wasn’t that player at ND.

I do genuinely think that fans will have a lot of the same frustrations with Parsons as they do with Jaylon. If you are celebrating Parsons because it means the end of Jaylon, I think be careful what you wish for. And this is coming from president of the GTFO Jaylon Club.

I’m fine to be wrong on Parsons. I don’t think you build winning teams by regularly making big bets on guys like that. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

They are not the same, you are right. But both of them are linebackers who are just out there guessing most of the time, who are too often too soft, and can be exposed in coverage. I think Jaylon’s injury has a lot to do with that for him, because he wasn’t that player at ND.

I do genuinely think that fans will have a lot of the same frustrations with Parsons as they do with Jaylon. If you are celebrating Parsons because it means the end of Jaylon, I think be careful what you wish for. And this is coming from president of the GTFO Jaylon Club.

I’m fine to be wrong on Parsons. I don’t think you build winning teams by regularly making big bets on guys like that. 

To me, you can find just as good if not better LB's in this draft in the mid-rounds. I'd much rather take one of the DBs, the OTs, or even the WRs at #10 than Parsons - and I was high on him earlier in the process.

4 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Give me a linebacker at 44 or 75, and I’m happy.

Yup. Now, I wouldn't mind taking JOK if we traded down into the mid-1st or so...honestly, probably wouldn't mind him at #10 either. Think he's a dynamic player who would fit in so well in this defense.