Who is your breakout Raider for 2020?

RaidersAreOne

I am selecting DT Maliek Collins. He put up 4 sacks, 6 TFL and 10 QB hits and 48 total pressures (would have led the Raiders) last year for the Cowboys. Solid numbers for an interor guy, but I truly expect him to up his game to another level for us. He was already voted a team captain after being a Raider for only a number of months. Not to mention this is a huge contract year for Collins and reuniting with Rod M should do wonders for his continued development. 

vz2hnz21zyucrwzozcpx

• Like 1

Clelin Ferrell will gave a very good year I anticipate. He won't put up gaudy sack numbers but he'll consistently put in good performances, set the edge, play the run very well and compliment The Condor.

Not sure that is worth the #4 overall pick but that is an argument for another day! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Clelin Ferrell: 60 tackles, 10 TFL, 8 sacks. 

I don't think those numbers are unrealistic at all. In his up and down rookie campaign he had 38 tackles, 8 TFL and 4.5 sacks (plus 5 PDs). I am excited about the size he's put on because he no doubt needed to get stronger. I just hope he didn't get too bulky and slow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I don't think those numbers are unrealistic at all. In his up and down rookie campaign he had 38 tackles, 8 TFL and 4.5 sacks (plus 5 PDs). I am excited about the size he's put on because he no doubt needed to get stronger. I just hope he didn't get too bulky and slow.

I think it'll help him a lot. He's never going to be twitchy/bendy enough to consistently win off the edge with his speed. If he's going to be a consistent pass rusher he's going to have to win with power and technique, like Cam Jordan. 

• Like 1

Maybe a cheap pick, but I feel like Nelson Agholor is going to be a breakout for us. I've always questioned Philly's use of their WRs and I'm not super enamored with Wentz (on the off chance he's actually playing). 

Admittedly, I don't know that Agholor will "break out" statistically per se, but I can see him being that type who helps open the field for others while putting up decent stats along the way, possibly his best so...

If we are going solely on statistical production, I'll go with Carr having a 2016-esque year. Year 3 in Gruden's offense, his best cast yet, pressure. He breaks out or he's gone. I say he breaks out.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 8:34 AM, NYRaider said:

Clelin Ferrell: 60 tackles, 10 TFL, 8 sacks. 

I'm definitely a part of the group that believes Ferrell will double his sacks from last season.  I think he will definitely take another step in the right direction.  The work he put in this offseason will absolutely show up in games.