NFL General Discussion

candyman93

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Remember when people thought Watt was better than Myles?

He isn’t doing ish without Bud Dupree on the other side.

Lol, Bruh.....he is getting abused by #75 single blocked at that. God, I wish that thread was still open

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Ben just looks and plays Iike an old man. Zero chance Pittsburgh gets out of the 1st round.

I understand wanting to protect his health, but having him play out of shotgun 95% of his snaps limits your creativity as an offense.

I’ll never give up on Ben. Just when you think he’s done he goes on a tear. It’s been that way for like 6 years. I hope it’s the end tho. 

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Ben just looks and plays Iike an old man. Zero chance Pittsburgh gets out of the 1st round.

I understand wanting to protect his health, but having him play out of shotgun 95% of his snaps limits your creativity as an offense.

The problem is, they put way too much on Ben's plate. The lack of run game is a fatal flaw thats going to kill them down the line

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

On 12/14/2020 at 7:50 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

The problem is, they put way too much on Ben's plate. The lack of run game is a fatal flaw thats going to kill them down the line

Eh, he is mostly just making low pressure throws and hoping the WRs make a play. Yeah he throws a lot but he has by far the quickest release time and fewest air yards per attempt in the NFL. Basically 4 yard handoffs to his receivers. They aren't asking him to make plays. Eventually they will need to put more on his plate and attack downfield more often because eventually teams will cheat up and jump routes.

20 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Eh, he is mostly just making low pressure throws and hoping the WRs make a play. Yeah he throws a lot but he has by far the quickest release time and fewest air yards per attempt in the NFL. Basically 4 yard handoffs to his receivers. They aren't asking him to make plays. Eventually they will need to put more on his plate and attack downfield more often because eventually teams will cheat up and jump routes.

I dont think they trust their OL to do so, or know Ben is their everything so they take that approach

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I dont think they trust their OL to do so, or know Ben is their everything so they take that approach

Yeah I don't know the reason just that it is their offense. Has been all year. They have a good quartet of WR so it makes sense, it just is a little overused by them.

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Agreed. Ben seems to run the offense as much as the OC.  He's pretty good at it, but he's not as good as it as he thinks he is.

The fact that they do ZERO play action is baffling to me.