College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Tommy could be a NT and Haskell can be a 5T no problem

I think both will be 3T for their prospective teams (at least Togiai has versatility). Tyreke Smith plays well in big games, Cooper will be a value pick, he could end up being a starter for some team

Edited by MSURacerDT55

I keep reading how Meyer isn’t right for the NFL, why? He’s a CEO type HC who finds great assistant coaches and builds teams through the trenches. Seems like a good HC at any level. 

Now I think he likes the psychological part of the game, the NFL is less about that then CFB for sure.  I just think he can motivate players if he needs too.  I think it would be awesome seeing him in the NFL. 

41 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Must not want it too badly if his starting point in 12M. 

he’s just not right for the nfl. But I’d like to see it happen. 

Me too. I was thoroughly against the Browns hiring him a few years ago. But I’m in, love to see the memes when he crashes and burns. 

1 hour ago, JDD said:

I keep reading how Meyer isn’t right for the NFL, why? He’s a CEO type HC who finds great assistant coaches and builds teams through the trenches. Seems like a good HC at any level. 

Now I think he likes the psychological part of the game, the NFL is less about that then CFB for sure.  I just think he can motivate players if he needs too.  I think it would be awesome seeing him in the NFL. 

It was from years ago when his spread system wouldnt work. No its taken over in some aspects

I just be curious what his NFL staff would look like

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Texas is run by morons. There entire reputation is having deep pockets.

How do you not pay Urban a blank check?

just be glad they didnt. He would have taken some ppl from tOSU. He still might

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Texas is run by morons. There entire reputation is having deep pockets.

How do you not pay Urban a blank check?

I read that number is specific to the NFL coaching position that he would want, not college. Allegedly, he said that the new 1 time transfer rules, transfer portal, and health related stress of recruiting was a dealbreaker for him at the college level...at least that's what he told Texas.

• Like 1