College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

16 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Why take Farley off due to Clowney? 🤔 Too much injury risk between the two?

Having Clowney, Farley, Ward, Delpit and Greedy on the same defense would mean hiring 2-3 extra trainers and a better health insurance plan

I love Farley as a prospect but the injuries are no bueno. 

In my stupid opinion we go LB at #26 with Kentucky dude or Notre Dame dude and CB on the 2nd. Get a bigger more physical CB to offset Ward/Greedy being thin "cover corners"

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

In my stupid opinion we go LB at #26 with Kentucky dude or Notre Dame dude and CB on the 2nd. Get a bigger more physical CB to offset Ward/Greedy being thin "cover corners"

I personally would not be opposed to this.

Our FO is not going to do this. They just do not value the LB position highly enough to burn our 1st round pick on one. At this point, imo, that pick is a DT/DE/CB/WR or a trade down targeting a specific player.

• Like 1

I don’t think LB is in play until 59 personally, but I do think it’s an option there though.

I get they don’t value the position highly, but it’s clearly the weakest spot on the team right now.  You don’t have to invest a ton in it, but you do have to invest SOMETHING.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FGK said:

Our FO is not going to do this. They just do not value the LB position highly enough to burn our 1st round pick on one. At this point, imo, that pick is a DT/DE/CB/WR or a trade down targeting a specific player.

Maybe the FO needs to start caring about the only position group on the roster without elite talent (LB). That's on them 

7 hours ago, FGK said:

Unless it's JOK, whose versatility offers much more than the skill set of a traditional LB.

Would fortify S, at which right now, for all we know, we have 1.75 starters (Johnson = 1, Harrison = .75, and until he is able to step on the field and show something, Delphin = 0)

Doesn't matter that Harrison and JOK could fill similar roles.

Harrison probably will have a tough time starting 12 games, and JOK will be a vastly superior player.

19 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I think JOK is out of the conversation when we signed JJ3 this ultimately makes Harrison and JOK play almost the same position

harrison is also  FA next year. you can still play JOK at a more traditional LB role and rotate JOK with Harrison. You then dont have to pay Harrison and have a rookie deal there for the next 4yrs

1. Ojulari, DE / LB, Georgia - He’d play as a Bruce Irvin type of LB. So he’s more of a DE than LB.

***Trade*** We trade 2, 3, and 3 to move up into the 1st.

1. Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky - Leader of our LB core.

4. Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State - Depth in the secondary

4. Brady Christensen, OT, BYU - Depth on the o-line

5. Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn - Love his speed and ability to play special teams

6. Tyler Shelvin, DL, LSU - Depth on the defensive line

7. Drew Dalman, OC, Stanford - More o-line depth 

On 4/18/2021 at 6:52 AM, AkronsWitness said:

Having Clowney, Farley, Ward, Delpit and Greedy on the same defense would mean hiring 2-3 extra trainers and a better health insurance plan

I love Farley as a prospect but the injuries are no bueno. 

If this front office ever drafts a linebacker in round 1, I'll buy everyone in this forum a 12 pack of their choice.

Caveat: the Notre Dame dude would not play LB except in dime package.

Edited by ditchdigger
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

1. Ojulari, DE / LB, Georgia - He’d play as a Bruce Irvin type of LB. So he’s more of a DE than LB.

***Trade*** We trade 2, 3, and 3 to move up into the 1st.

1. Jamin Davis, LB, Kentucky - Leader of our LB core.

4. Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State - Depth in the secondary

4. Brady Christensen, OT, BYU - Depth on the o-line

5. Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn - Love his speed and ability to play special teams

6. Tyler Shelvin, DL, LSU - Depth on the defensive line

7. Drew Dalman, OC, Stanford - More o-line depth

I feel attacked by this. It is abhorrent.