College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

The Bengals drafting Chase should be an even lower priority than what we do to stop Lamar and that Baltimore running game. You can make the argument that we should get more defensive linemen and linebackers alone by chasing another team in our division.

56 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Considering the the seriousness of the the allegation, this is irrelevant.

Is it?  Does one allegation make someone a lost cause?  Is there no chance a young person matures and learns from their mistakes? Are they forever someone who’s never going to be anything better than their worst moment as a human?

Youre apparently a better man than me, I’d hate to think my lowest point defines who I am.

56 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

I’m not someone who believes the team has to be made up entirely of high character guys but I think the organization has to has some sort of standard for when it comes to who they bring in

As do I, we just disagree on the standards.

Im not concerned with what he’s done, I’m concerned with who he is now and what he’s going to do moving forward.

Standing on a moral high ground is all well and good until you realize these players are going to be playing for someone.  I’m sure plenty of folks in the chiefs and Steelers organizations don’t think much of Hill and Roethlisberger off the field but they’re sure glad they have them on the field.

29 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The Bengals drafting Chase should be an even lower priority than what we do to stop Lamar and that Baltimore running game. You can make the argument that we should get more defensive linemen and linebackers alone by chasing another team in our division.

Yeah I’m not ready to start building a team to stop the guys with the 5th overall pick.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I’m not ready to start building a team to stop the guys with the 5th overall pick.

I agree, though I'm not ready to start building a team to stop other teams period.

Unless we have like 1 team in our way and its the missing piece to compete for a superbowl.

I think we should try to build the best team we can and compete with everyone.

Lamar Jackson is great, one ankle injury and all his illusiveness is gone and he's JAG as a passer.

Build for sustained success, not to hope to beat another guy...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CBrownsman said:

I agree, though I'm not ready to start building a team to stop other teams period.

Unless we have like 1 team in our way and its the missing piece to compete for a superbowl.

I think we should try to build the best team we can and compete with everyone.

Lamar Jackson is great, one ankle injury and all his illusiveness is gone and he's JAG as a passer.

Build for sustained success, not to hope to beat another guy...

Completely agree.

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don't understand the Chase to Cinci rumors.

I don't get if your the Bengals how in a million years you would consider passing on a sure fire LT like Sewell.

The main job of the bengals at this point should be protect Burrow.  Past that you can worry about weapons.  But Byrd, Higigns and Tate are a REALLY good compliment of WR's.  Throwing the ball isn't their problem.  Keeping a guy who can throw the ball alive is :-P.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I don't get if your the Bengals how in a million years you would consider passing on a sure fire LT like Sewell.

The main job of the bengals at this point should be protect Burrow.  Past that you can worry about weapons.  But Byrd, Higigns and Tate are a REALLY good compliment of WR's.  Throwing the ball isn't their problem.  Keeping a guy who can throw the ball alive is :-P.

They might just be copying Kansas City and saying F it.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It would be for the whole league, if we had a chance to build the best Defensive Backfield in the NFL? Why not take it? You would be ahead if the curve in a passing league.

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:
5 hours ago, buno67 said:

why? burrows wont be up right long enough to get Chase the ball...

But remember, they quick gamed us to death.

quick game doesnt bother me, especially if our defense is improved. go ahead and try and piece together 8-10play drives. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

It would be for the whole league, if we had a chance to build the best Defensive Backfield in the NFL? Why not take it? You would be ahead if the curve in a passing league.

I’m not against taking a corner, hell it’s probably where I’d prefer to spend the pick.  I’m just not too worried about Burrows or the Bengals in particular just yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not against taking a corner, hell it’s probably where I’d prefer to spend the pick.  I’m just not too worried about Burrows or the Bengals in particular just yet.

To me he looks like a more mobile but worse armed Baker Mayfield.

13 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Especially when you consider how over saturated the WR classes have been from 2019-present. WR is becoming the new RB. Just take one or two in the mid-late rounds and hope you hit.

For example, if I was the Bengals. I would draft Sewell and then take a guy like Bateman in the 2nd if they are that desperate to surround Burrow with a bunch of weapons. But that's some galaxy brain stuff I'm not sure the Bengals FO can handle.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Dylan moses in the 3rd round would be intriguing. He wouldnt have to be a starter for a long time and would probably be a great ster in the mean time.

What happened to him, he was a top 10-15 guy in every mock draft I read coming into the season. Then he fell off a cliff? 

3 guys that were top 15 picks coming into the season that busted

1) Rousseau

2) Wade

3) Moses