College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t disagree he needs time and the AU passing game is comical, but he looked really bad this past season.

If he improves and can show consistent ability to win over the top he’s absolutely gonna be fine, but he’s not there yet.

Overdrafted is looking like a best case scenario if he doesn’t come back exponentially better than last season.

If you want go to YouTube 

Then see the different routes he runs under his name.

That is where I did some of his scouting. 

I don’t think going d line in the first round really makes sense. 

There are DEs,OLBs, NTs, 3 techs I mean there’s everything throughout the draft. 

unless we lose Clowney I think the value for us will be second round on. I could definitely see us drafting 3 maybe even 4 d lineman this draft. 

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Not really unless you mean edge

I've heard from two different draft podcasts that the iDL class at the senior bowl popped big time. Now, that could just be that the OG/OC class is terrible, but they were talking about it like there might be a lot of helium for a number of iDL coming off the senior bowl.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FGK said:

I've heard from two different draft podcasts that the iDL class at the senior bowl popped big time. Now, that could just be that the OG/OC class is terrible, but they were talking about it like there might be a lot of helium for a number of iDL coming off the senior bowl.

If we resign Clowney then I guess we need x2 Dts one as a starter at least and we need x2 edge guys. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we resign Clowney then I guess we need x2 Dts one as a starter at least and we need x2 edge guys. 

Man, give me any of these two:

DTs: Travis Jones, Perrion Winfrey, Logan Hall, 

Edge: Travon Walker, Jermaine Johnson, MyJai Sanders, Sam Williams, Tyreke Smith

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

My ideal

1. Edge

2. Wr boundary

3. Dt

3. DL 

4. Slot

When it comes to an outside WR. I really want them to address that in FA. I really want Mike Williams. I think that could open up DPJ by getting a legit outside WR to take the task of being covered by the #1 corner. Love Jarvis but he is best as a slot. Now speaking on Jarvis. If he doesn’t restructure his contract, we need to move on. In that case, I would actually  like to see them move back into the first and target Olave. Not just because he is an OSU guy but I think he is going to be a stud slot guy in the NFL. With Williams and DPJ as the outside guys and Olave being the main slot and add Schwartz as the 4 guys, that could be a sneaky good WR group.

still curious about what they do at TE. Hooper needs to be moved post June 1st. I like Njoku but not as a TE one. I wonder if they just move on from Hooper and platoon them group again

• Like 1

After the Sr. Bowl and prior to the Combine, here are the Blue Chip guy's I have this year (no particular order)

Offense: 5 players OL 3, 2 WR's, 0 QB's, RB's or TE's. (Jameson Williamson was one)

OT Evans from Alabama, OT Ekwonu NCSU, C Tyler Lnderbalm, WR Treylon Burks and WR Garrett Wilson 

Defense: 5 Players DE 2, CB 2, FS 1, 0 DT's or LB's

DE Hutchison Mich., DE Thibideux ORG, CB Gardern Cinn., CB Stingley Jr. LSU, S Hamilton ND. 

Blue Chippers to me are players I think could step in week one and play at a VERY high starter level/Pro Bowl level in year 1. And there are 10 in this draft IMO. 

Were picking at 13....if 2 QB's get taken and someone reaches for a LB, I think we could have a shot at a Blue Chipper....

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

After the Sr. Bowl and prior to the Combine, here are the Blue Chip guy's I have this year (no particular order)

Offense: 5 players OL 3, 2 WR's, 0 QB's, RB's or TE's. (Jameson Williamson was one)

OT Evans from Alabama, OT Ekwonu NCSU, C Tyler Lnderbalm, WR Treylon Burks and WR Garrett Wilson 

Defense: 5 Players DE 2, CB 2, FS 1, 0 DT's or LB's

DE Hutchison Mich., DE Thibideux ORG, CB Gardern Cinn., CB Stingley Jr. LSU, S Hamilton ND. 

Blue Chippers to me are players I think could step in week one and play at a VERY high starter level/Pro Bowl level in year 1. And there are 10 in this draft IMO. 

Were picking at 13....if 2 QB's get taken and someone reaches for a LB, I think we could have a shot at a Blue Chipper....

I definitely agree with this except the part about reaching for an LB, I think Dean is definitely worth being selected in the upper part of the 1st round 

• Like 2