College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

The Two Free agent WR's I want now....I have narrowed them down....if we can score one of the big 3 (looking at Allen Robinson), I am will @LETSGOBROWNIES give me DJ Charke and DeDe Westbrook (Christian Kirk is also getting a look)......if we can add a Treylon Burks and a Wan'dell Robinson......and have continued development from DPJ, the Schwartz and Combo (Demetric Felton)....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Could Kyle Hamilton play LB if he gained 10-15 pounds?

Doesn't that kind of lessen his value, though, as it seems like adding weight to Derwin James and playing him at LB(?). I think we could throw five pounds onto him, play him at safety and nickel linebacker as is, though. That said, I doubt he's there when we pick and Devin Lloyd would probably have a better career of the two if we're just talking LB.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Could Kyle Hamilton play LB if he gained 10-15 pounds?

I heard that before, In theory he could but so could Sean Taylor who was a similar size. If you got a playmaker back there with that size and range, let him be great back there.

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Doesn't that kind of lessen his value, though, as it seems like adding weight to Derwin James and playing him at LB(?). I think we could throw five pounds onto him, play him at safety and nickel linebacker as is, though. That said, I doubt he's there when we pick and Devin Lloyd would probably have a better career of the two if we're just talking LB.

For me, I’m just wondering if he could be like Brian Urlacher. 

Urlacher played a LOT of safety at New Mexico State.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

Got around to checking out a potential Kurt Cousins of this draft...

EJ Perry | Brown University.

BC transfer is an adept reader/processor, great arm talent and has a little juice as a runner. The drawbacks are his arm is just ok, he's little and he's a risk take thrower....although he had to on Brown.

Impressed at Shrine practices and lit up his half of football in the game. Reminds me of a faster Brian Hoyer. I'll wager Berry has eyes on him.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Got around to checking out a potential Kurt Cousins of this draft...

EJ Perry | Brown University.

BC transfer is an adept reader/processor, great arm talent and has a little juice as a runner. The drawbacks are his arm is just ok, he's little and he's a risk take thrower....although he had to on Brown.

Impressed at Shrine practices and lit up his half of football in the game. Reminds me of a faster Brian Hoyer. I'll wager Berry has eyes on him.

Carson Strong fits the mold too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brownie man said:

I was listening to a podcast and that was brought up. 

Even if that was the move he’d probably play the same position as JOK for us. So idk if itd be a fit there. 

In this era of having to cover stud TE's, and still needing to help out in the run game, you can never have too many big Safeties/small LB's.  I think they would fit on the field together just fine!

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

In this era of having to cover stud TE's, and still needing to help out in the run game, you can never have too many big Safeties/small LB's.  I think they would fit on the field together just fine!

Though I agree, it does stack a lot of guys in that kind of spot, JJ3, Delpit, JOK, leaving us without a FS. Even Hill can kind of contribute in a similar spot, to a tackling nickel.

• Like 2