College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Interesting about Simpson. I can’t see him slipping that far.

I can. None of the lbs in this class are great prospects. I have Simpson rated lower than 4 other LBs. Pretty much tied in a tier with Henley and Sanders after that. He isn’t a good football player right now—he’s a phenomenal athlete with a versatile skill set, although none of those skills are refined or pro-ready. NFL teams may overdraft him based on tools, but he’s a mid 3rd rounder if you evaluate him on an every-down basis. He’s objectively bad at reading run plays, isn’t overly physical with blockers, and is aloof in coverage. He will flash brilliance on certain reps as a cover guy & pass rusher, but hasn’t been refined or consistent in either one of those areas. Henley is much better at pass coverage & Sanders is better at pass rushing. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, brownie man said:

To me Simpson is a Will. His best position is what JOK plays but he’s such a good player I’d be happy to get him anywhere in the draft. 

They're both SAM linebackers, especially JOK. That said, so is Takitaki. We basically have MIKE lb's and SAM/STAR lb's on the roster. We desperately need a WILL.

22 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

They're both SAM linebackers, especially JOK. That said, so is Takitaki. We basically have MIKE lb's and SAM/STAR lb's on the roster. We desperately need a WILL.

I’d like to see more of Takitaki at MIKE.  He looked good there iirc before he got hurt.

On 4/5/2023 at 6:47 AM, MWil23 said:

As far as mid round value meets need goes, I like Captain Jack Campbell and Noah Sewell.

if one of those guys is there in R3 I’d be thrilled 

I also like Zach Harrison

id buy the upside.

and any one of about 6 TEs in this class.

yep.  Day 3 grab one and move on from Bryant.

I wouldn’t mind a later round flier at RB either.

No corners?

• Like 1