College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Agreed. I would take a 1st for him or a 2nd + a player maybe.

IMO there's no way we get a 1st for him, and we'd be fortunate to get a 2nd, let alone a 2nd and a player, given his contract, major injury, and lack of overall production to warrant that contract in his time here. Maybe you get a low 2nd from a really solid team in need of a good NFL WR...maybe you could swing a deal like that with the Packers, but otherwise you may have to settle for a 3rd from a team like WFT/Philly, albeit maybe you could hose WFT in a trade.

Higgins has proved to be a legit #2 WR and Im perfectly fine with DPJ and Hodge developing in the #3/#4 role. 

I think you keep Higgins, Jarvis, and DPJ, and you may still need to upgrade with a viable outside WR, and Jarvis is still an ideal #2/slot type. Now, if DPJ somehow ends up putting it all together and becoming a #1, then AWESOME, but I'm not willing to go down that road yet.

Watching the Washington FB Team I was salivating at their front 7. I want that level of dominance soooo bad if the AFCN. I understand they have 4 first rounders like SF did up there but the Browns could really try to get something similar to that in this draft and Free Agency. Sign Von Miller if he gets released and go after 2 interior guys high in the draft.

Oh absolutely! Them, SF, and Pittsburgh are walking proof at just how good you can be every week with a Front 4/7 like that. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

IMO there's no way we get a 1st for him, and we'd be fortunate to get a 2nd, let alone a 2nd and a player, given his contract, major injury, and lack of overall production to warrant that contract in his time here. Maybe you get a low 2nd from a really solid team in need of a good NFL WR...maybe you could swing a deal like that with the Packers, but otherwise you may have to settle for a 3rd from a team like WFT/Philly, albeit maybe you could hose WFT in a trade.

I think you keep Higgins, Jarvis, and DPJ, and you may still need to upgrade with a viable outside WR, and Jarvis is still an ideal #2/slot type. Now, if DPJ somehow ends up putting it all together and becoming a #1, then AWESOME, but I'm not willing to go down that road yet.

Oh absolutely! Them, SF, and Pittsburgh are walking proof at just how good you can be every week with a Front 4/7 like that. 

Yeah our defense right now is a little too much 'bend but dont break' and not near physical enough for my liking. Ward is great but I would like a big physical corner opposite of him (Greedy aint it and he cant play inside so IDK what you even do with him). I would like to get a centerpiece aggressive LB (Nick Bolton?), a legit 2nd EDGE opposite of Myles (Von?) and some run stuffers in the middle.

Not much :)

Edited by AkronsWitness

On a free agent front, I'd rather go after Leonard Williams if the NYG don't tag/re-sign him. I'd also love to make a run at Anthony Harris on a 2-3 year deal.

Leonard Floyd and Lavonte David at LB intrigue me as well, and I'd actually consider re-signing Goodson, as he's been an average MLB for us.

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve felt trading OBJ to Green Bay for a 2nd is very possible.

Use OBJs money to go after Von if he hits free agency.

I feel like we'd be fairly lucky to get a third for OBJ at this point, let alone a second. But I'd love it if you're right. However, I think a team like the 49ers make more sense than the Packers.

11 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I feel like we'd be fairly lucky to get a third for OBJ at this point, let alone a second. But I'd love it if you're right. However, I think a team like the 49ers make more sense than the Packers.

I also think moving him to those places would be viewed positively by the team.

He’s getting an opportunity to play for a team with either a decent QB in a huge market or a HOF QB.

It’s not like you’re shipping him off to **insert new Cleveland**  for his career to die.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not what this says.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/odell-beckham-jr-14421/

It says releasing him costs 12 million in dead money, but he can be traded at any time with zero dead cash.

That is interesting. Didn’t know that aspect. What free agent is still going to be availed after June? Seems like the way the league year played out that next FA, guys will want to try and lock up the biggest deal instead of trying to pull a Clowney but who knows. 

23 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm not sure what OBJ fetches in a trade, but we need to trade him and recoup whatever we can for him. This team is playing better without him, and he's just not an ideal fit here with Baker and our offensive scheme in general. Use that free cap space to sign a quality free agent at a position of need, and then use the draft pick to load up on another quality prospect. It's a win/win/win.

Like I said yesterday, it's a win/win/win (insert The Office clip here)

OBJ gets a fresh start. He's still a good receiver even if he's not what he once was. 

I think you can sit down with him and just thank him, lay it out there, and gauge his response. Who wouldn't be excited for a fresh start on a contending team, especially if it's Green Bay or even the chance to be "THE GUY" in San Francisco. Plus, he goes to the NFC and away from us.

We free up cap space AND get a quality free agent at a position of need.

This cannot be understated. You take a guy that you aren't any better with (statistically, QB play, W/L column) and then upgrade at a weakness, plus use that cash on a high priced free agent and/or save a ton of money.

We use that pick on another player/prospect.

Whatever return you get on him at that point is gravy. If it's a D2 pick, I'm trading him ASAP.

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Like I said yesterday, it's a win/win/win (insert The Office clip here)

I think you can sit down with him and just thank him, lay it out there, and gauge his response. Who wouldn't be excited for a fresh start on a contending team, especially if it's Green Bay or even the chance to be "THE GUY" in San Francisco. Plus, he goes to the NFC and away from us.

This cannot be understated. You take a guy that you aren't any better with (statistically, QB play, W/L column) and then upgrade at a weakness, plus use that cash on a high priced free agent and/or save a ton of money.

Whatever return you get on him at that point is gravy. If it's a D2 pick, I'm trading him ASAP.

Mwil rn 😂