MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don't know what it is with you, some personal vendetta with Tannehil or what, but you massively sleep on him constantly. He's easily having the best Pure QB season behind Rodgers, Mahomes, and Watson.

I have no vendetta - but anytime a team can win a playoff game on the road against the #1 seed in the playoffs, and said MVP QB throws for 87 yards... I question that QBs overall value to the offense.

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So are you gonna sit here and discredit every single Tannehil season as long as Henry is RB? That's honestly pretty lame for Tannehil, lose-lose situation.

I'm not trying to discredit him, but this is pretty common - two players on the same team will naturally eat into each others' campaign.

I get that Tannehill is having a great season, but Henry is having a greater season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Our O-line been nothing but trash all year long playing musical chairs each week and we still got just one loss to show for it. Two of these picks from last game were on Andy Reid gadget plays with our O-line getting blown up. And over the course of the game Mahomes still lit them boys up like a Christmas tree.

Wait until we get an offensive line in the draft this offseason. Mahomes going to cakewalk his way to his 3rd MVP trophy then

Holy crap I started this post in order to actually respond to you and address your points but then I remembered how foolish that would be so now I'm just not to hit post.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I have no vendetta - but anytime a team can win a playoff game on the road against the #1 seed in the playoffs, and said MVP QB throws for 87 yards... I question that QBs overall value to the offense.

I'm not trying to discredit him, but this is pretty common - two players on the same team will naturally eat into each others' campaign.

I get that Tannehill is having a great season, but Henry is having a greater season. 

I understand your sentiment, but I think people downplay Tannehil as this Game Manager just because he has an all star running back. Game Manager's do not achieve 9.6 YPA and 117 QB Rating. Both nearly records last season.

People have this idea that low yardage and low passing attempts must equal Game Manager but that is simply not true. It all depends what you do with those passing attempts. And Tannehil has basically been flawless since being the Titans starter. Like I said, easily the fourth pure best QB Season behind Rodgers, Mahomes, and Watson. Although tends to rotate between Tannehil, Allen, and Wilson on a weekly basis.

Henry is phenomenal, but the Titans were still stuck in 9-7 Forever Land without Tannehil, and Henry never did crack 5 YPC. Teams don't box Henry nearly as much because they respect the hell out of Tannehil. He will beat you deep, he will make you pay, and he is a super efficient QB.

Odds are you'll have three Top Tier QB's in that division next year (Watson clearly the best though)... and Philip Rivers.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If he goes 15-1, he'll definitely have an argument. However, I'm really against the "best player on best team" argument. The rightful MVP is just usually on the best team by coincidence. This year that may not be true. I think as long as a QB goes 11-5, record no longer comes into play IMO. 11-5 is just the qualifier and that's the end of story, at least for me, and my opinion of how I do things.

See Matt Ryan in 2016. Rightful MVP and 11-5 #2 seed team.

Matt Ryan in 2016 probably wouldn’t have got it if Brady wasn’t suspended. That’s really why he’s such an outlier 

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Matt Ryan in 2016 probably wouldn’t have got it if Brady wasn’t suspended. That’s really why he’s such an outlier 

I doubt that. Matt Ryan 38 TD's 7 INT's, 70% COMP, and what puts it over the top is his 9.3 YPA, which even surpasses Aaron Rodgers historic 9.2 YPA in his 2011 season (which is my Top QB season of all time). I remember I made a list of Top 50 QB seasons in NFL History back in 2017, and Matt Ryan's 2016 was #11 on my list. It was a absolutely historic season. Could they have given it to Brady just based off record and name value? Possibly. Although that would of sucked for Ryan and I would of considered him robbed. However, I think Ryan wins it regardless and I don't think he's an outlier.

Anyone who says "it isn't close" should have their opinion disqualified

It's close. I'm leaning Rodgers based on efficiency metrics and that has hasn't had a 3 INT game. 12-1 and 10-3 are both elite enough records that I'm not giving a bonus to Mahomes for record

But it's close

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

Anyone who says "it isn't close" should have their opinion disqualified

It's close. I'm leaning Rodgers based on efficiency metrics and that has hasn't had a 3 INT game. 12-1 and 10-3 are both elite enough records that I'm not giving a bonus to Mahomes for record

But it's close

100% on every word of this. 

47 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I doubt that. Matt Ryan 38 TD's 7 INT's, 70% COMP, and what puts it over the top is his 9.3 YPA, which even surpasses Aaron Rodgers historic 9.2 YPA in his 2011 season (which is my Top QB season of all time). I remember I made a list of Top 50 QB seasons in NFL History back in 2017, and Matt Ryan's 2016 was #11 on my list. It was a absolutely historic season. Could they have given it to Brady just based off record and name value? Possibly. Although that would of sucked for Ryan and I would of considered him robbed. However, I think Ryan wins it regardless and I don't think he's an outlier.

Brady would have been 14-2 or 15-1 starting the whole way.

Say he averages 2.5 extra TD’s a game (very reasonably considering he massacred the Bills later and Jimmy slaughtered the Dolphins, and Arizona was awful that year)... and they are pretty much matched in TD’s. Brady would at most have 2-4 INT’s. The extra volume ticks up his passer rating, then it becomes whether his YPA is too much of a difference to not go with the just as productive QB who set the TD:INT record on the better team 

Don’t know who Tannehil is, but Tannehill is a very good QB. If he’s a game manager, there isn’t anyone more efficient. 

You do have to wonder how his efficiency would hold up with more attempts. It's a valid question. Henry is gobbling up 8-men boxes, so I don't find the 'Tannehill helps Henry' argument very convincing. 

Just now, Joe_is_the_best said:

Don’t know who Tannehil is, but Tannehill is a very good QB. If he’s a game manager, there isn’t anyone more efficient. 

You do have to wonder how his efficiency would hold up with more attempts. It's a valid question. Henry is gobbling up 8-men boxes, so I don't find the 'Tannehill helps Henry' argument very convincing. 

It's quite literally the opposite, actually.

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's quite literally the opposite, actually.

You do realize Henry hasn't faced anywhere near the amount of eight man boxes he has in the past now that he has Tannehil as QB right....? Teams massively respect Tannehil.

They help each other just about equally.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

You do realize Henry hasn't faced anywhere near the amount of eight man boxes he has in the past now that he has Tannehil as QB right....? Teams massively respect Tannehil.

They help each other just about equally.

You can't truly believe this, can you? One is an elite, if not the best player at his position. The other is above-average. There's no "equal" there at all. Sure, Tannehill gets more respect than Mariota because he can actually throw the football competently, but that doesn't mean he gets equal treatment that Henry gets. 

When a team's gameplan going into the week is "we must stop Ryan Tannehill at all costs", we can re-visit this argument.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You can't truly believe this, can you? One is an elite, if not the best player at his position. The other is above-average. There's no "equal" there at all. Sure, Tannehill gets more respect than Mariota because he can actually throw the football competently, but that doesn't mean he gets equal treatment that Henry gets. 

When a team's gameplan going into the week is "we must stop Ryan Tannehill at all costs", we can re-visit this argument.

Tannehil is a Top 10 QB in this league. And that is a majority opinion, not a minority opinion. 7-10 range on any list you want to search. And if you rank all 32 starting QB's, no way he gets out of the Top 10, unless you are bias out of your mind.

I'll be doing a 32 Seed QB Tournament after the season to get FF's Official Rankings, which will be fun, so we will decide then.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I'll be doing a 32 Seed QB Tournament after the season to get FF's Official Rankings, which will be fun, so we will decide then.

This is what we need, although I already know I am going to be furious with the results