MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah, one guy playing behind an MVP and the other guy missing half the season because he got Covid. (And the third guy tore his ACL).

What a narrative lol. Post reeks of jealousy.

What? What am I jealous of? 😂

This response is actually cringey from you. The slightest critique of the Packers/Rodgers and suddenly it feels like I’m talking to a 13 year old. 

Your team has an amazing QB and an amazing RB and coming off a great 2019 season....and used valuable draft capital to add pine-riders at those positions. You’re telling me you watch how talented guys like Tee Higgins and Chase Claypool look and you’re satisfied with Allen Lazard and MVS for a title run? You think Rodgers is satisfied with that? 

Cmon man...

15 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

What? What am I jealous of? 😂

This response is actually cringey from you. The slightest critique of the Packers/Rodgers and suddenly it feels like I’m talking to a 13 year old. 

Your team has an amazing QB and an amazing RB and coming off a great 2019 season....and used valuable draft capital to add pine-riders at those positions. You’re telling me you watch how talented guys like Tee Higgins and Chase Claypool look and you’re satisfied with Allen Lazard and MVS for a title run? You think Rodgers is satisfied with that? 

Cmon man...

Do you need me to call the jelly school?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

i thought we could post wherever and you or another mod will move the posts where they should go

Topics, not responses in thread.

Plus, I like telling him when he's wrong (and he's wrong a LOT).

1 minute ago, Kirill said:

Whoops. Should lock this thread anyways that MVP trophy is Mahomes. The pinpoint pass to Hardman in the corner of the endzone with 6 Saints players in his face secured it.

Wrong forum. Homer junk like this can go to the KC forum.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

100%. A lot of people are misguided that MVP = Best Player on Best Team. That’s not true and Matt Ryan proved that’s not true, along with other times in history as well. MVP is the best season in the NFL on a team that is 11-5 or better. Unless a team goes 16-0, I would say that is different. It’s just coincidentally, if you look at history, the best season from a player is usually on the best team. That is not true as of right now.

Record will not factor in for me at all, maybe it will for the voters, but not for me. I will be giving it to whoever has the better season. 

Rightly or wrongly, team performance has traditionally factored into how voters view the MVP for QBs. 

It’s easy to forget, but the Ryan example had a lot of unusual things going in his favor. The three primary teams that could be argued as definitively better than the Falcons during the season were the Raiders (with a healthy Carr), Patriots, and Cowboys. There were a lot of people that wanted to give Derek Carr the MVP, before his injury.  Brady was suspended by Goodell and missed 4 games, but there was a lot of talk about how he could’ve been the MVP that year without the suspension. Dak was a rookie game manager on the Cowboys. Now I still think Ryan was a deserving MVP, but it’s not a guarantee he wins it without those three factors, and that’s especially true regarding the Brady suspension and Carr injury.

There are counter examples to the Ryan one as well.

Manning over Brees in 2009.

Newton over Palmer and RW in 2015.

Not saying those two didn’t have phenomenal seasons, but in both instances their team’s record clearly gave them a boost.

15 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Woah woah woah. We have standards in the KC forum. This is clearly more on the level of NFL Gen, and you know it.

I DON'T want it here.

I'll assign Gen to you. You'll have to work with @Forge. Do you want that?