MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

4 hours ago, Kirill said:

Look, I don't know where you're getting these numbers from but WATCH THE GAMES. That will show you the correct answer. Or you could just look at who has the most wins. Either way, it's Mahomes MVP to lose. We'll see what happens in the final week.

Eye test and wins is such a perfect combo.  I feel like we're talking Cy Young voting circa 2005.

• Like 1

Updated Front Page. 

Notes:

- Decided to do something a little different with the Madden Presentation. NexGen Graphics and my own personal screenshots.

- Top 8 stays basically the same, just Allen and Tannehil swap spots at 3 and 4.

- Kamara and Watt debut on the list for the first time this season.

Clinching Scenario:

- I thought the clinching scenario idea would be fun, but Rodgers almost has it locked up at this point.

How Mahomes can clinch:

- If Mahomes does not play, or plays very little, if Rodgers has 0 TD's, 3 INT's, or 1 TD and 4 INT's, and a loss then I could possibly give the award to Mahomes.

- If Mahomes plays, he needs a win + 4 TD's 0 INT, while Rodgers has something like 2 TD's and 2 INT's + a loss.

How Allen can clinch:

- Rodgers has a disaster 1 TD 3 INT game + a loss, Mahomes doesn't play OR has a 1 TD 2 INT game + loss, and Allen has a 5 Total TD 0 INT game + a win.

Of course none of these are set in stone, I’d have to highly evaluate after the fact. 

Edited by BayRaider

D. Henry over Tanny. I think they help each other a lot, and I think Tanny is good enough in that offense that he isn't "only" a product of Henry taking the brunt of the defense, but I think Henry is the bigger x-factor.

Josh Allen has obviously had a hell of a season, but I went back and looked, there's just no scenario next week that would make me put him above either Rodgers or Mahomes. He's had too many so-so games earlier in the season. I know everybody loves the more recent ones, but they all count to me. If he cleans those up he'll be a top candidate next year.

• Like 1

So Rodgers had a TD pass last night that was to a wide open guy in the end zone (the defender looked like he was covering the goal post) and from a clean pocket.

There is no doubt that 60 other QBs would have done the same thing on that play.

How much credit does he really deserve for making that throw?

Now go look at all of Rodgers big plays and TDs and all of Mahomes big plays and TDs to figure out who has done a better job.

The Packers run game is 7th in yards and 5th in ypc and 15th in TDs

The Chiefs run game is 15th in yards and 12th in average and 23rd in TDs

The Packers D is 16th in points and 9th in yards

The Chiefs D is 7th in points and 16th in yards.

The Chiefs clearly and obviously played a stronger schedule and have a far superior Strength of Victory.

Where did those extra wins against a tougher schedule come from? Andy Reid's mustache?

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

If the Vikings and 49ers lose on Sunday then Rodgers will have 30 TDs to 1 pick against 10+ loss teams.

• (Lions x2, Jags, Texans, Falcons, Eagles, Panthers, 49ers, Vikings x2)
  • That is 7 out of 16 up to 10 out of 16 games.
  • Saints, Bucs, Titans, Colts, Bears x2 are the other 6 games ( 3-2 in those games + Bears this week)

Mahomes has 20 TDs to 1 pick against 10 loss teams if the Patriots lose on Sunday.

• (Broncos x2, Texans, Chargers, Falcons, Panthers, Jets, Patriots, Chargers)
  • That's 7 of 16 up to 9 of 16 if the Patriots lose on Sunday and Mahomes plays on Sunday)
  • Ravens, Bills, Raiders x2, Bucs, Dolphins, Saints are the other 7 games (6-1 in those games)

Do those 10 extra TDs against garbage really earn Rodgers the MVP award?

Josh Allen will be 13 TDs to 2 picks against 10+ loss teams if the Patriots and 49ers lose on Sunday.

For reference,

50 TD Tom Brady in 2007 had 8 TDs and 4 picks against 10+ loss teams (Dolphins x2, Jets x2, Ravens)

55 TD Manning in 2013 had 17 TDs and 4 picks against 10+ loss teams (Raiders x2, DC, Jags, Texans)

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

If the Vikings lose on Sunday then Rodgers will have 28 TDs to 1 pick against 10+ loss teams.

Mahomes has 20 TDs to 1 pick against 10 loss teams if the Patriots lose on Sunday.

Do those 8 extra TDs against garbage really earn Rodgers the MVP award?

You’re grasping at straws trying to make it work for Mahomes at this point. No offense. 

It’s clear you want Mahomes to win, just a few weeks back you said no way he loses and Mahomes has all but sealed it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You’re grasping at straws trying to make it work for Mahomes at this point. No offense. 

It’s clear you want Mahomes to win, just a few weeks back you said no way he loses and Mahomes has all but sealed it. 

It is much easier to put him on ignore. Much.

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

If the Vikings and 49ers lose on Sunday then Rodgers will have 30 TDs to 1 pick against 10+ loss teams.

Damn, why is Mahomes so terrible against bad teams? Yeeeesh, he must suck.

The fact that Josh Allen is a consensus top 3 MVP candidate just absolutely boggles my mind. What he has done this season is surreal. I again stand by the fact that he was playing hurt for a month, or else he’d be at the top of this list or at least it’d be even closer.

To be mentioned amongst Aaron frickin Rodgers and Patty Mahomes is insane. 

Go Bills

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

The fact that Josh Allen is a consensus top 3 MVP candidate just absolutely boggles my mind. What he has done this season is surreal. I again stand by the fact that he was playing hurt for a month, or else he’d be at the top of this list or at least it’d be even closer.

To be mentioned amongst Aaron frickin Rodgers and Patty Mahomes is insane. 

Go Bills

I don't know if I've ever seen a quarterback improve the way Allen did between last season to this season

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Chiefs have played 5 winning teams so far
Packers have played...5 winning teams so far (would drop to 4 if they drop the Bears for the 2nd time)

But hey, 10 loss cutoffs matter baby!

"I have already decided on a specific conclusion, and thus, need to find a specific set of stats that support it"

Ah yes, that's good science baby.

Edited by DannyB
  • Like 2