GDT WEEK 5: Green Bay @ Dallas

WizardHawk

12 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

well using the saying often used on here by posters " Dallas doesn't value the 1T"(or something close to that) - which is why they rarely draft one or highly at least.

Hmmm, seems SOMEONE else agrees with my opinion that the DL and OL are now priority in the draft. Or at the very least, needs addressing and quickly.

17 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

You guys want the simple explanation for being 2-2 and losing to the freaking rams?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/depth-chart

look at the depth chart at the defensive tackle position.  It's probably the worst in the NFL.  I miss Leary, But losing Terrell McClain hurts far more.  

Last year we ranked first in NFL allowing only 83 rush yards per game.  This year we give up 107.5 rush yards per game.

The FO needs to seriously evaluate their approach to the 1 tech.  Obviously the team and fans alike had playoff aspirations after last year. For the life of me, I can't figure out who thought it was a good idea to have a depth chart consisting of Collins, Paea, and Price.  

Yeah I don't get the point of Price. Wish we had someone else instead.

Dallas has lost what? 5 of the last 6 to GB, including being eliminated from the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years by them.  I consider us heavy underdogs. Especially since we have looked like we did in the 1st half of last years playoff game, all year.  We have only looked kinda good/complete against the Giants, and that looks less impressive by the week. 

I got

GB 38 Dal 24

On 10/4/2017 at 6:36 PM, Rtnldave said:

With Aikman and the triplets I was in my early 20's. I realized THEN it was going to take a year or two before they became competitive. The difference between that team and this team is they consistently got better until they won it all. This team wins 13 games one year, then craps the bed the next. Then wins another 13, then craps the bed. There is NEVER any consistency to them.

The one thing we DO have is youth. Zeke, Dak, J. Smith. B. Jones, our 3 O linemen worth a damn, Beasley, etc. 

DO NOT make the same mistake they did with Romo and patch work an O line and get your QB killed for 5-10 years. In much of that time, the Romo era, we sepnt countless first round or second round picks trying to draft DB's that could stop Eli Manning. It didn't work.

If our bread and butter is going to be Zeke, ball control, etc.You damn well better have a road grating O line like last year. If not, you are going to do to them what you did to Romo ,Ware, Witten and  countless other quality players that deserve a title. Piss away their careers.

And as for this year, the only consistency I have seen from this regime is one up year ending in a Division loss followed by a crap year. Well, we lost the division game last year. Here comes the crap.

You still believe this line doesn't have enough with 3 all pros and a first round talent paid for? Thats 4 out of 5 positions. They just need to play better, on the level we expect from them, on the level we have seen them play. 

Collins is out of position, Green and Cooper arent holding their weight, but the big three are severely under performing and adding another first round guy to the mix isnt going to solve the issue. They just need to play better.

I know after everyone saw this team last year they thought the team would be a first round bye contender. I tried to temper expectations eith a sophmore QB and a rookie defense with tons of inexperience in the secondary - I was laughed at. But the reality is as I had said, this team still has big holes, a lot of inexperience and relies too heavily on one mechanic (run game) to manage such a difficult schedule. 

The defense was not improved for this year. It was downgraded. Say what you will of Claiborne, Carr, Wilcox and Church. They were experienced both in the nfl and ghe system. They held their gaps and played it fairly well. We upgraded potentially in the future. Not for this season.

Uktimately this team is in the same water as Aikmans second or third year. A team on the cusp with lot of offensive talent but a player or two away defensively from completing the unit.

It is not on a single position. No one pick solves the problem. There is no one draft pick or way to ensure you get a 85 overall or something like you can in Madden. Our current players just need to learn, to grow, and to play up to their potential and/or expectations. 

The OL has been playing terrible. Tyron Smith looks like Tryon Smith and I am not sure what to do with La'el Collins. Collins is okay at RT but I don't think he's strong enough to be great at guard. I think a lot of us forgot that Zeke and the offense didn't take off until Collins toe injury, which forced Leary into the lineup. Leary isn't as athletically gifted as Collins, but Leary is stronger and was a force in the run game. This is why I hoped the team could've kept Leary in the offseason.

The Dak and Dez connection is worrisome, Dak is everywhere on his throws and Dez just doesn't look like that juggernaut monster he was a couple years ago. Dez is not producing the stats of a #1 WR, even with all of his targets.

I really have no faith in the defense with or without Sean Lee/Irving against Aaron Rodgers. I am sure they will double/triple team Demarcus Lawrence, while Taco Charlton on the other side will move like a blind dog in a meat market. The defense has let the team down so many times against the Packers it's hard to see Dallas pulling out a win.

I have it 38-17 Packers, with Dallas looking forward to the Bye week  

Hopefully Dak will improve his mechanics and Zeke can regain that 5th gear that made him special last year. Awuzie should be back after the Bye and Lee should be healthy again.

2 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

The fact that your whole forum thinks the Packers in a laugher makes me think the Packers are either going to come out flat or its going to be really really close... Can someone please pick the Cowboys to dominate! 

Cowboys by 20 schmeckles.

20 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I know after everyone saw this team last year they thought the team would be a first round bye contender. I tried to temper expectations eith a sophmore QB and a rookie defense with tons of inexperience in the secondary - I was laughed at. But the reality is as I had said, this team still has big holes, a lot of inexperience and relies too heavily on one mechanic (run game) to manage such a difficult schedule. 

I'm calling BS on this. I didn't see anyone on this site saying we would be bye week contenders let alone laughing at you making that point. This is like the 3rd time I've seen you use this phrase but people have done nothing but applaud your earlier posts. Its like watching Dave lose his mind each week we don't win. 

This is going to be a real tough game and there just isn't any way that I see us winning it. It would take an amazing game by the DL. If the Packers OL is still banged up maybe, we can put some pressure on Rodgers but I see him taking apart this defense quite easily. 

Zeke should honestly just take the suspension now so we can start next year fresh. 

34 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

I'm calling BS on this. I didn't see anyone on this site saying we would be bye week contenders let alone laughing at you making that point. This is like the 3rd time I've seen you use this phrase but people have done nothing but applaud your earlier posts. Its like watching Dave lose his mind each week we don't win. 

This is going to be a real tough game and there just isn't any way that I see us winning it. It would take an amazing game by the DL. If the Packers OL is still banged up maybe, we can put some pressure on Rodgers but I see him taking apart this defense quite easily. 

Zeke should honestly just take the suspension now so we can start next year fresh. 

I don't like our chances this week especially if Lee is out.  I'm with you on the bolded.  Suggested it on another post.  If we find ourselves losing a few more, take the hit now.

1 hour ago, MightyMouse07 said:

46 minutes ago, Northland said:

I don't like our chances this week especially if Lee is out.  I'm with you on the bolded.  Suggested it on another post.  If we find ourselves losing a few more, take the hit now.

And be branded a domestic violence abuser? This case might drag out for a long time, but If Zeke is truly innocent, he needs to fight this to the end. No way would I accept a punishment like this if I didn't do it.

23 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

You still believe this line doesn't have enough with 3 all pros and a first round talent paid for? Thats 4 out of 5 positions. They just need to play better, on the level we expect from them, on the level we have seen them play. 

Collins is out of position, Green and Cooper arent holding their weight, but the big three are severely under performing and adding another first round guy to the mix isnt going to solve the issue. They just need to play better.

The defense was not improved for this year. It was downgraded. Say what you will of Claiborne, Carr, Wilcox and Church. They were experienced both in the nfl and ghe system. They held their gaps and played it fairly well. We upgraded potentially in the future. Not for this season.

Uktimately this team is in the same water as Aikmans second or third year. A team on the cusp with lot of offensive talent but a player or two away defensively from completing the unit.

It is not on a single position. No one pick solves the problem. There is no one draft pick or way to ensure you get a 85 overall or something like you can in Madden. Our current players just need to learn, to grow, and to play up to their potential and/or expectations. 

So you believe another Zach Martin type would be a wasted pick huh? Okay, but history will suggest that Zeke and Dak's careers will be pissed away just like Romo, Witten and the lot of them.

Archived