MY BAD - CARP WEEK

theJ

56 minutes ago, theJ said:

Mike Daniels and Geno Atkins both out.  Who starts next to Reader?  

Shawn Williams also out, which isn't great but not the end of the world.

Looks like Fat Randy is going to play.  So this game better not come down to a FG.

Otherwise, looks like they're healthy.

Covington will start.  Brown backs up.  maybe Bledsoe too.

I would think we go with more DEs as DTs in pass rush (like we have done for years... Hubbard and Dunlap would be candidates, and they moved Bledsoe to DT on the roster)

randy will start, but I bet they keep Siebert active just in case.  maybe Seifert kicks off and randy is the point kicker.

14 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

If I ever see another Bobby Hart/Fred Johnson fluff piece, I’m gonna punch my screen. It’s beyond amazing this organization continues to trot out this garbage week after week

Haven’t you heard? You can’t buy offensive tackles off the shelf at the store. This is the best we can afford.

Edited by SmittyBacall

3 Biggest Initial Takeaways:

1. Joe Burrow is legit. I’ve seen enough. He’s of that Deshaun Watson caliber. We’re set for the next 10+ years with premier QB play. 

2. Father time has either caught up with AJ Green, the injuries have hampered his game, or he’s not in game shape after being out for so long and missing pretty much all of TC. Whatever it is, he’s not looking like the AJ Green of old. He appears a step slower and just isn’t making the plays we are used to seeing him make.

3. Bobby Hart and Fred Johnson should be walking home tonight. Absolutely horrendous, indefensible play as per usual from Hart. He is going to get Burrow injured eventually. The contract Mixon got should have been handed to a right tackle/guard this upcoming free agency. 

Edited by SmittyBacall

I thought Burrow looked pretty good for a Rookie. The stats aren't great but also don't tell the whole story. There were few inaccurate throws, he didn't seem rattled or scared, he extended plays and got solid results. Just isn't a lot you can really knock him for. Some non ideal moments, but overall a solid day that Bengals fans should be encouraged by. 

Hope he continues to get better, and I look forward to the Ravens competing against him. 

Burrow was running for his life, that he got 3 TD with no picks is amazing with the constant pressure he was facing.  He's the real deal.

Call AJ Green rusty if you want, but how do your hands get rusty?  Saw at least 3 balls bounce off his hands. 

Use that $18 million and sign the top OL in free agency next year.  Take the Ross money and get another mid to upper tier OL free agent.  Then draft edge rusher round one and a speed WR in round 2 to replace Ross and take a flyer on another speed receiver sometime on day 3.  Our WR group is slow outside of Ross.

Jessie Bates needs to not try ankle tackles every time, he must have had 5 missed tackles on Chubb and Hunt.

Losing Tupou and Wren really hurt the DT depth and having Geno out is compounding that issue at DT, and then Daniels was out.  Reader is good, but he can't do it all inside.