What movie are you watching?

Forge

Wow this Hellboy reboot is really bad. The King Arthur prelude was so bad I was ready to move on to another movie before Hellboy even appeared in his own movie. Haha although the luchador scene that followed wasn’t much better.  The cinematography and visuals are pretty lackluster tbh.  Ian McShane always brings it tho.  

*Edit after finishing it: Yeah, so that was awful.  I didn’t have a problem with Harbour as Hellboy but everything else was bad.  Milla Jovovich is not a good actress.  The dialogue was so campy and badly written.  I’m not sure if it was going for an Army of Darkness vibe with the horror and comedy but it failed miserably. 

Mike Mignola deserved better than this turd.  This was Green Lantern bad.  Maybe even worse.  

Edited by thrILL!
Sorry, Mike. You deserved better.

Watched the final (I'm assuming) Land Before Time sequel with my kids... and I'm now traumatized and wishing I had the ignorance of a child.  It's like someone saw the finale of Dinosaurs and saw it as a "hold my beer" type challenge.  The premise of the movie being that Littlefoot, Petrie, and friends are just happily singing away as a blizzard (gee, let's guess what that is!) starts to set in.

My only hope is that my kids manage to forget this movie before they ever learn about the Ice Age, otherwise I can guarantee one of the twins will want to slap me sometime in the future.

On 8/4/2019 at 1:18 AM, thrILL! said:

Milla Jovovich is not a good actress.

Ive never liked her in anything dating back to The Fifth Element.    The Resident Evil movies all sucked....not just because of her, but she sure didnt help.      

As for Hellboy....not even sure why they rebooted it.    Is it even that popular anymore?   

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

Watched the final (I'm assuming) Land Before Time sequel with my kids... and I'm now traumatized and wishing I had the ignorance of a child.  It's like someone saw the finale of Dinosaurs and saw it as a "hold my beer" type challenge.  The premise of the movie being that Littlefoot, Petrie, and friends are just happily singing away as a blizzard (gee, let's guess what that is!) starts to set in.

My only hope is that my kids manage to forget this movie before they ever learn about the Ice Age, otherwise I can guarantee one of the twins will want to slap me sometime in the future.

I don't think I've seen that one, and by the sounds of it I'm glad I haven't 😢

I feel sad just thinking about it

9 hours ago, drd23 said:

I don't think I've seen that one, and by the sounds of it I'm glad I haven't 😢

I feel sad just thinking about it

It's legitimately called The Land Before Time VII: The Big Freeze.  Like, they're not even subtle about it.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

It's legitimately called The Land Before Time VII: The Big Freeze.  Like, they're not even subtle about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Land_Before_Time_(franchise)

Apparently there's 6 more films after that one lol. As a kid I think I owned all of them up to The Secret of Saurus Rock. Good films for what they were.

3 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I watched the first Land Before Time with my daughter last week and I feel bad about it. Lol I knew what was coming and still had her  watch it. She doesn’t want to watch anymore.

Yeah. even if the first one is derivative of Bambi, it's still a tough pill to swallow.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The LBC said:

LBC, hate to break it to you man, but the Dino's didn't go extinct from the Ice Age.  Those timelines don't match up.

So watch away!

PS: just avoid any future Land Before Time that has something to do with asteroids.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Land_Before_Time_(franchise)

Apparently there's 6 more films after that one lol. As a kid I think I owned all of them up to The Secret of Saurus Rock. Good films for what they were.

Ah that explains it.  I would have been too old to have seen The Big Freeze.  I've probably only seen the first 4 or 5 judging by the dates.

I'm somewhat suprised that they kept making them all the way up to 2016