What movie are you watching?

Forge

I watched Batman vs The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles yesterday. It was way better than I was expecting. Much darker, and violent than I expected, as well. Multiple characters get murdered on screen, (mild spoiler, but proof of the ratcheted up violence compared to what is regularly in these properties as cartoons).

Would definitely recommend. 

On 8/8/2019 at 11:24 AM, pwny said:

I watched Batman vs The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles yesterday. It was way better than I was expecting. Much darker, and violent than I expected, as well. Multiple characters get murdered on screen, (mild spoiler, but proof of the ratcheted up violence compared to what is regularly in these properties as cartoons).

Would definitely recommend. 

Didn’t like how the made shredder seem like a joke

I just finished watching "Mohawk" on Netflix.  Decent action scenes, kind of like a low budget Apocalypto, but their all too predictable political "message" was forced on the audience from the first scene.  This garbage has become so cliche' that it is just nauseating.  A big thumbs down from me on this one.  If you want to see a similar movie from the same time period, watch "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson.  It is far, FAR superior.

Moving on, I decided to go with a double feature tonight and just finished watching "50/50".  Verdict:  It was very good!  The only thing I didn't like is how sad the ending was.  He starts the movie out with Bryce Dallas Howard as his girlfriend and ends up with Anna Kendrick.  That's a MASSIVE downgrade, and it seemed pretty unfair that a guy who was already saddled with cancer ended up having to be saddled with a challenge like that too.  (Seriously, though, it was a darn good movie).  :)

Edited by Uncle Buck