What movie are you watching?

Forge

12 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

5 hours ago,  Dub_City30 said:  Just watched it. Great movie but the ending was sad IMO. An all time great performance for nothing. 

Weird. It wouldn't let me edit the above post properly for spoilers.

The movie looks absolutely dynamite.  I'm assuming it was shot on film but either way, James Mangold is very underappreciated as a director.  The surround sound for all those RPMs was pretty sick too.  Some excellent performances by the entire cast.

I couldn't believe that MacLaren did Ken dirty like that.  We didn't get much of his MacLaren's character to see where he his head was at but man those guys shoulda both let Ken win by a half of cars length.  At the least.  Give him the W and you're both in the photo wit him cemented in legend.  Instead they stole his shine.  Then the media walked right by him.  I'm sure there was some embellishment but honestly, I still can't believe they actually raced for 24 hours.  Imagine a 24 hour NFL game. lol

They went pretty loose with how they handled time in that scene.  Miles was 4 laps ahead of whomever was in 2nd (Maclaren probably) and he went pedal to the metal to smoke everybody.  It looked like he gained even more of a lead until he relented to be a team player. Even then it looked like he slowed down enough until the other 2 Ford drivers caught up.  So assuming Miles didn't lap everybody yet again after he defied Beebe's demand, he still was 4 laps ahead of the closet competitor.  Did it feel like he slowed down enough to be lapped 4 times?  They didn't show enough cars passing him if that were the case.  It's Hollywood.

Definitely a sad ending.  I knew very little of this story in real life.  I've heard of Shelby and MacLaren but I wasn't familiar with Ken Miles.  I had no idea that Ken died much less like that and in front of his kid too.  Brutal.  That socked you right in the gut.

Edited by thrILL!

I've been watching movies I've never seen before the past few weeks. 

Lots of movies are proving me right when I say I have no need to watch them because not much will get me or surprise me or impress me these days.  Movies are dying.  I need a reason to be inspired again.  I need another A Quiet Place. 

Brooklyn's Finest - 6/10
The Pelican Brief - 6/10
One Eight Seven - 6/10
Mr. Woodcock - 6/10
Open Grave - 6/10
The Captive - 6/10
Money Talks - 6/10
Loaded Weapon - 6/10
Season of the Witch - 6/10
Absolutely Anything - 6/10
Enter Nowhere - 6/10
Crawl - 6/10
Get Shorty - 6/10
The Hurricane Heist - 5/10
The Good Neighbor - 4/10
El Camino Christmas - 5/10
Little Monsters - 6/10
The Box - 6/10
Fractured - 2/10
John Wick 3 - 8/10
In The Tall Grass - 4/10
Backcountry - 6/10

37 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I've been watching movies I've never seen before the past few weeks. 

Lots of movies are proving me right when I say I have no need to watch them because not much will get me or surprise me or impress me these days.  Movies are dying.  I need a reason to be inspired again.  I need another A Quiet Place. 

Brooklyn's Finest - 6/10
The Pelican Brief - 6/10
One Eight Seven - 6/10
Mr. Woodcock - 6/10
Open Grave - 6/10
The Captive - 6/10
Money Talks - 6/10
Loaded Weapon - 6/10
Season of the Witch - 6/10
Absolutely Anything - 6/10
Enter Nowhere - 6/10
Crawl - 6/10
Get Shorty - 6/10
The Hurricane Heist - 5/10
The Good Neighbor - 4/10
El Camino Christmas - 5/10
Little Monsters - 6/10
The Box - 6/10
Fractured - 2/10
John Wick 3 - 8/10
In The Tall Grass - 4/10
Backcountry - 6/10

>Watches a bunch of movies widely considered mediocre

>Is disappointed when movies are mediocre

• Like 4

I had 2 12+ hour long flights in the last couple weeks so watched a lot of in-flight movies.

Rocketman: B+, overall I liked it more than Bohemian Rhapsody but they're basically the same movie, I'm not sure another 2 hour drug and sex binge musical montage was necessary. 
The Lion King: C, no reason to watch this one when the original exists, could say the same for all the remakes but this one especially
Alladin: C+, I'd say it was my favorite Disney remake but it's not saying much.
Godzilla King of the Monsters: D+, monsters were pretty but the action sequences were terrible and somehow made even less sense than the human plot
X-Men Dark Phoenix: N/A, I probably shouldn't even mention this because I fell asleep during the opening credits and woke up to see Prof X and Magneto playing Chess at the end, would recommend
Yesterday: B, a charming and feel good movie. I couldn't stand Kate McKinnon's character and hated every time she was on screen but w/e, I still enjoyed it
Us: C-, I liked Get Out so I had high hopes but just didn't care for this one, watching a movie like that on a plane is weird
First Man: B+, I liked it but wanted to like it even more, felt liked it dragged at times, really liked the sound track. Was the portrayal of Buzz Aldrin accurate? Seems like he was kind of a jerk. I know he punched a guy not too long ago but we all know that guy deserved it 
Pet Semetary: C-, no strong feelings about it except after 2 of them, I don't think a plane is a good atmosphere to watch a horror movie

Also watch Avengers End Game but mostly intentionally slept through that one