What movie are you watching?

Forge

Watched Instant Family yesterday on Prime Video.  Yeah there's some Hallmark type cheesiness to it (not much, but a little), but as someone who has been through the adoption process with our second kid, it hit me in some of the feels.  Overall pretty good family movie.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

I just heard Disney made and Artemis fowl movie. Hell yeah. I used to love those books when I was a kid. Hopefully butler is as bad *** in the movie as he is in the books

Trailer looks whack but it’s gonna be on Disney + so I’ll check it out.

Watched The Patriot yesterday.  Seen that movie about 10 times and this was the first time in about 6-7 years.  One of my all time favorites.  How do you not get goosebumps when Mel charges with the flag??

Then watched Insomnia last night.  Underrated thriller with Pacino and Robin Williams.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Watched The Patriot yesterday.  Seen that movie about 10 times and this was the first time in about 6-7 years.  One of my all time favorites.  How do you not get goosebumps when Mel charges with the flag??

Then watched Insomnia last night.  Underrated thriller with Pacino and Robin Williams.

That scene where he rescues Heath Ledger and his boys see him unleashed

• Like 2

Parasite

Beautiful to look at and its class warfare themes were very well done but the movie itself was rather disappointing considering all the hype.  And for all the talk about its amazing twist?  While I liked the ending, I certainly wouldn’t call it a twist. And let’s be real you could see it coming from a mile away. 

Edited by thrILL!
🐛

I feel SO vindicated right now.  When The Happening was released, I went into it expecting a horror just like everybody else and I came out of it mad that Shyamalan had lied to me AGAIN.  First he promised monsters in The Village, then he promised horror in The Happening.

I got hosed again.  The Happening wasn’t a horror, it was a comedy.

Then, I was flabbergasted when NOBODY else saw that The Happening was a comedy and they all thought it was terrible acting.  I even got into fights here on the old site and gave up when literally nobody saw it as a comedy.

Now bloody-disgusting is saying the same thing I was saying 12 years ago and I can confidently pat myself on my back:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/editorials/3612256/happening-m-night-shyamalans-greatest-twist-hiding-deadpan-comedy-plain-sight/

3 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Parasite

Beautiful to look at and its class warfare themes were very well done but the movie itself was rather disappointing considering all the hype.  And for all the talk about its amazing twist?  While I liked the ending, I certainly wouldn’t call it a twist. And let’s be real you could see it coming from a mile away. 

Trying to figure out what you mean. The twist/reveal is about 60% in the 2nd ACT. The ending is NOT a twist and not really related to the reveal. 

Also, Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones are both considerably better if you write off bad acting as just how Anakin was.  

Such a rollercoaster of how I feel about both of those films.  Loved them both when they came out, came to hate them, and now I’m coming back around to loving them again.

Attack of the Clones has some legit awesome storylines.  Obi-Wan investigating and Anakin falling for Padme... The latter wasn’t done well just because Lucas wasn’t the greatest at actually writing the romance and it was basically a love at first sight thing, but still.

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

but why did Obi Wan jump through the window to grab onto the bot?

isnt Anakin supposed to be the impulsive one?

It would’ve made more sense for Anakin to do it to showcase his impulsiveness but I think they were giving Obi Wan some time to shine in an action series.  They could’ve just used the force to grab and it bring it inside but... writing.