What movie are you watching?

Forge

Stay away from Drunk Parents. It has a great cast headed by Alec Baldwin and Salma Hayek (who had great chemistry together on 30 Rock) but you see early on why this film sat on a shelf for 3-4 yrs.  I don’t know what Jim Gaffigan was thinking taking that role.  

10 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Stay away from Drunk Parents. It has a great cast headed by Alec Baldwin and Salma Hayek (who had great chemistry together on 30 Rock) but you see early on why this film sat on a shelf for 3-4 yrs.  I don’t know what Jim Gaffigan was thinking taking that role.  

I got maybe 10 minutes in and hit the eject button. I normally hate stopping a movie part way it, so that should show just how bad it was.

• Like 1

wait so the time turner saved Hippogriff’s life which means going back in time made it never happen but at the same time, when hermione went back in time to take her classes, no proof existed that she actually took them? Cause if both pasts exist then there should be a hippogriff corpse and a living hippogriff which would mean duplicates stay which means when they get back to the present, everyone that went back in time would have a whole nother version of themselves

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 2:41 PM, Tyty said:

wait so the time turner saved Hippogriff’s life which means going back in time made it never happen but at the same time, when hermione went back in time to take her classes, no proof existed that she actually took them? Cause if both pasts exist then there should be a hippogriff corpse and a living hippogriff which would mean duplicates stay which means when they get back to the present, everyone that went back in time would have a whole nother version of themselves

The Hippogriff was never dead, they just thought it was.  Everything that you see from the second perspective is exactly as it happened the first time, just from a different point of view that revealed more.  And there was proof Hermione took her classes, as she was actually in both places at the same time.  And there aren't multiple Hermione's, she just lived 30-32 hour days for the better part of a year.  So age wise, would that really make her about 3 months older than she was before in terms of heartbeats?

Rewatched A Knight's Tale for the first time in a while, and man does it ever hold up for me.  Everything about this movie tells me it shouldn't work, but through just sheer charisma it does.  And not just Heath either, the supporting cast is just as good with Mark Addy, Alan Tudyk, Paul Bettany, Shannoyn Sossamon, James Purefoy, and Rufus Sewel hamming it up so much they do everything but wink directly at the camera, but it just.....works.  Always a fun watch.

fd246410ea5efb061581222b7a4f2fbe.gif

• Like 5

Finally got around to watching Scott Pilgrim vs the World and i'm not quite sure what to think.  All in all I really enjoyed it, but it had a few issues too.  I liked how wildly imaginative it was, the music was really well integrated, and it had some fantastic visuals.  Rory Caulkin was hilarious, but a lot of the other jokes missed the mark a bit.  While he gets redeemed a bit towards the end, the main character really isn't all that likable though, nor are his friends.  This gets masked a lot by style and the creativity though and it still ends up a good time.

B+

XGw8zlRU2_y5OWPIUn1VYdklzIgfD6c7T7ftOGKN

Drive is such a good movie.  It's too bad Nicholas Winding Refn can't reel it in a bit more like he does in this one and be a little more traditional because I love this movie.  Great story, great cast, great acting, the music works, 3-4 separate unforgettable scenes, just top notch.  When Refn turns down his Refn'ness to a 5 or 6 it's just great.  I wish Albert Brooks would have taken more villainous roles, he just kills it in this portrayal.

834364ef99a304bc4724b6d09cc79f66.gif

• Like 2

17 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Rewatched A Knight's Tale for the first time in a while, and man does it ever hold up for me.  Everything about this movie tells me it shouldn't work, but through just sheer charisma it does.  And not just Heath either, the supporting cast is just as good with Mark Addy, Alan Tudyk, Paul Bettany, Shannoyn Sossamon, James Purefoy, and Rufus Sewel hamming it up so much they do everything but wink directly at the camera, but it just.....works.  Always a fun watch.

fd246410ea5efb061581222b7a4f2fbe.gif

Love this movie. Will always sit down and watch it if I see it. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Finally got around to watching Scott Pilgrim vs the World and i'm not quite sure what to think.  All in all I really enjoyed it, but it had a few issues too.  I liked how wildly imaginative it was, the music was really well integrated, and it had some fantastic visuals.  Rory Caulkin was hilarious, but a lot of the other jokes missed the mark a bit.  While he gets redeemed a bit towards the end, the main character really isn't all that likable though, nor are his friends.  This gets masked a lot by style and the creativity though and it still ends up a good time.

B+

XGw8zlRU2_y5OWPIUn1VYdklzIgfD6c7T7ftOGKN

Feel like you have to truly appreciate the goofiness of the tail end of the 2010’s to really like it

On 8/28/2020 at 4:13 PM, THE DUKE said:

Drive is such a good movie.  It's too bad Nicholas Winding Refn can't reel it in a bit more like he does in this one and be a little more traditional because I love this movie.  Great story, great cast, great acting, the music works, 3-4 separate unforgettable scenes, just top notch.  When Refn turns down his Refn'ness to a 5 or 6 it's just great.  I wish Albert Brooks would have taken more villainous roles, he just kills it in this portrayal.

834364ef99a304bc4724b6d09cc79f66.gif

Ryan gosling had a streak goin 

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

Civil War is playing in the background, can't help but to feel a bit sad that I'll never see Boseman as T'Challa again...

Endgame is where the entire Marvel universe ends for me (outside of Spider-Man)