What movie are you watching?

Forge

2 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I just watched In the Mouth of Madness that I blind bought on Blu-Ray, pretty good. Very inventive and original concept for a horror movie with chilling scares and solid pacing throughout. I never knew this was a follow-up to John Carpenter's The Thing until I was searching around on Blu-Ray.com, but that just makes it all the more noteworthy in my book. Sam Neill does a nice job, I loved seeing the descent into madness of his character.

“Do you read Sutter Cane?”

Great ending too. 

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I just watched In the Mouth of Madness that I blind bought on Blu-Ray, pretty good. Very inventive and original concept for a horror movie with chilling scares and solid pacing throughout. I never knew this was a follow-up to John Carpenter's The Thing until I was searching around on Blu-Ray.com, but that just makes it all the more noteworthy in my book. Sam Neill does a nice job, I loved seeing the descent into madness of his character.

Great movie, but it feels so dated right now.  Carpenter had a serious problem with getting good acting out of side characters, too, so that drug it down a bit.  One of the better Lovecraftian horror movies though.  Definitely my third favorite Carpenter film after The Thing and They Live.

I'm Thinking of Ending Things.

I liked it for like the first 15 minutes, when there was some interesting conversation. but....it never really changed, until it did. and then i didnt like that.

i wont give away too much, but i hated the last third of the movie, and the middle third is pretty meh too.

I really liked Adaptation and Malkovich, but this didnt speak to me in the same way.

the best i can say for it is really good acting by the two leads

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Yeah I think all live action movies are gonna suck in my opinion. Jungle book was okay. Beauty and the beast was watchable. Lion king was like watching National Geographic and I wanted to kill myself. Aladdin was lame.  I don’t plan on watching Mulan even tho the cartoon was killer. 

The concept is better when they flip it some. I thought Malificent was very sold because it went the "Wicked" route and was different than the original story. 

13 hours ago, Forge said:

The concept is better when they flip it some. I thought Malificent was very sold because it went the "Wicked" route and was different than the original story. 

The issue with this one is they tried to walk the middle line between the original animation and the traditional folklore (where she serves for 12 years in numerous campaigns, and her comrade's dont find out she is a women until after they return home).  Really compounds the soulless husk it is. 

That and shoe horning of midaclori... i mean chi is really silly. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

For who exactly? Mostly, they made money. A lot of people enjoyed them (myself included for some of them). 

For me.  I don't want to watch that crap.  It's boring and dumb and the same thing except not animated.

In a world where everything is a remake, sequel, prequel, comic book adaptation, novel adaptation, we don't need de-animation. 

The most powerful film studio in the world can't acquire enough talent to use those budgets for original content? 

And no, I have not read that book you recommended yet, but it is still on my list. 

28793015-EE67-426D-A578-232D5D734D81.jpe

Stunning visuals and set design. The score is fantastic. I would’ve preferred it in a Mandarin but I get why it’s in English.  It’s like a Crouching Tiger for the entire family. Easily the best live action Disney remake. And no annoying talking animals or musical sequences!