What movie are you watching?

Forge

So far the only complaint I have with Prey is the CGI of the animals.

Really wish they could have written a similar script without relying on animals.

You don’t do a low budget movie that needs animals that can’t be trained.

Either triple the budget or cut the animals.

Also don’t know why they had to go with the whole “you can’t do it,” angle. Would have been a lot better if she just rose to the challenge without this overwhelming desire to be able to hunt.

Works much better if there’s doubt and then rising to the challenge rather than I can do it, I can do it, I toad a so.

She comes across as a little bit petulant and annoying the way they did it.

Don’t know why they had to mess with the Predator blood, but maybe it has to do with being 300 years earlier than the original Predator. Don’t think anything evolves that quickly though.

I’m not trying to be overly critical because I’m enjoying it so far. A lot. It’s beautiful. The acting is decent. The dialogue isn’t terrible, the pacing is strong enough, particularly for a Predator movie.

I like how the Predator is determining the pecking order of all the animals it’s coming across.

Think the tomahawk training montages are lame as hell.

Irritated by her speaking in Comanche when she’s doing something to the Buffalo. Either do it all in Comanche with subtitles or do it all in English so I know what the **** you’re saying. Was that a prayer for the Buffalo? What did the prayer mean? That was irritating.

If her dog dies in this quicksand I’m going to turn it off and just watch The Neverending Story instead because **** you I’ve already seen this scene.

If this ****ing bear scene isn’t the last of the CGI I don’t know if this will be given a good rating. Nothing takes me out of a movie quicker than bad CGI. Tell the story without CGI or use a bigger budget. **** this is irritating.

YOU DO NOT USE CGI IF YOU WANT YOUR MOVIE TO PASS THE TEST OF TIME AND YOU CERTAINLY DO NOT USE CGI IF YOU CANNOT EVEN MATCH CURRENT YEAR’S CGI EXPECTATIONS!

Why’d they have to kill the ****ing possum for no reason? Pick that poor bastard back up and eat it you bastard. Oh that’s too bad you’re dead I don’t feel bad good.

Ohhhhhhhhh it just picked up. Dannnnnnnng, that was some good Predator killing action right after the possum got it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

MOVIES HAVE TO STOP TAKING DIALOGUE FROM THE ORIGINAL MOVIE!

If you can’t write your own unique dialogue you shouldn’t be writing a movie. Period.

You dumb sons of ******* made the Predator CGI.

At this point it has a chance to finish as the third best Predator movie. Dropped out of the running for second place early, but it has some strong fight/action scenes and it’s an R, so it’s above AvP. It’s obviously better than Shane Black’s abomination and AvP:Requiem, but it’s gonna have to have an excellent finale to top Predator 2.

Not bad. Not a bad finale at all. Only a couple bad CGI shots of the Predator at the finale. I’d really like for a reveal that this is some female Predator soon to excuse the significantly different creature design, but whatever. I think it’s #4 on the Predator movie list after the OG, Predators and Predator 2. Doubt it changes in that ranking. I liked how it didn’t use too much fan service. Only a couple callbacks to the original, and some subtle score nods. Wasn’t crazy about the trick she used to kill it. Didn’t make a lot of sense as she had no idea that would work, or at best a really big hunch. Some great action sequences, but didn’t really have any likable characters. The heroine just wasn’t that likable.

7/10, might watch again someday. Not a complete abomination, but not all that great. 

Edited by Outpost31

12 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Watching Predator (1987). Wish me luck 

-kinda funny this is probably one of Schwarzenegger’s most significant and prominent roles but I didn’t even know he was in it. 
-lmao the muscley arm embrace meme thing was from this???

-I like that it’s not in your face about being a predator/alien movie. It comes off as a typical unsuspecting war movie in the beginning. 
-this movie is also before the tech explosion of the 90s and 00s where movie studios didn’t understand it but threw it in anyway. This movie isn’t pretending to be something it’s not (so far)

-helicopter is barely secured after crashing into a tree. Let’s all stand directly under it while he rappels up

-watching curiously to see if their jacked physique is necessary in taking the predator down or if they’ll just shoot him lol

-throws a sword into a dude and says “stick around” 😂

-so the boobie traps every 50 feet were only a thing until he fell for the first one then?

-not being able to remotely see your enemy if they had a bit of mud on them seems like a pretty paralyzing weakness 

-its heat detector keyed on his eyes as the brightest part of his face but with the mud on, his eyes don’t show up. Idk there, captain. 
-Predator is throwing dudes around like rag dolls. But I guess when he punches Arnold in the face he holds back?

-solid action movie, 8/10. Was far less goofy and gimmicky than I expected. 

Even the emotional scene they threw in after Blaine died, with mac drinking to his friends death was really well done.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

MOVIES HAVE TO STOP TAKING DIALOGUE FROM THE ORIGINAL MOVIE!

If you can’t write your own unique dialogue you shouldn’t be writing a movie. Period.

I might have missed more, but I thought the two call backs I noticed

Spoiler

about the if it bleeds it can die, and then the revolver to Predator 2

were nice touches tbh.

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Hide contents

were nice touches tbh.

Yeah outpost needs to get over himself, the Native American that said it said it a whole 200 years+ before it was said in the predator movie. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

Awesome line. I didn’t actually get a chance to finish the movie until this past Friday, but I loved it. Mike Judge is hilarious. 

If you’re a fan of the show, you’ll love the movie. I’m old enough to remember the episode where Beavis burns down his house (which was eventually edited after some kid burned down his house and killed a few members of his family based on that episode).

Mike Judge has a good finger on the pulse of society (hehehe - he said finger) and his other works reflect that - Office Space and Idiocracy are scathing bits of satire that *still* put up an eerily accurate funhouse mirror to Corporate America and the future (present?) of society. 

Judge has it, and his work reflects this.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If you’re a fan of the show, you’ll love the movie. I’m old enough to remember the episode where Beavis burns down his house (which was eventually edited after some kid burned down his house and killed a few members of his family based on that episode).

Mike Judge has a good finger on the pulse of society (hehehe - he said finger) and his other works reflect that - Office Space and Idiocracy are scathing bits of satire that *still* put up an eerily accurate funhouse mirror to Corporate America and the future (present?) of society. 

Yep. I saw Beavis and Butt-Head Do America in the theater after watching lots of episodes and playing the game on Sega Genesis. My best friend was much older than me and even more excited than I was that there were new episodes in 2011. We watched them together, and it’s sad that he didn’t get to watch this one with me because he passed in February.

Office Space is a top 5 comedy movie for me. Idiocracy was also really funny, as were King of the Hill and Silicon Valley.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

In the “do the universe” movie they mentioned the name Shirley beavis. Which means that’s not his first name, even though all this time we thought it was. Also a reporter mentions butt-head as Mr. Boothroid so who knows what their names are.

Edited by Fresh Prince
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Hide contents

were nice touches tbh.

Reference it, don’t copy it.

The gun was fine, but don’t use the exact same dialogue. The dude who said if it bleeds they can kill it… I don’t even think he saw it bleed.

11 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Yeah outpost needs to get over himself, the Native American that said it said it a whole 200 years+ before it was said in the predator movie. 

I physically had to hold my face back from smiling at this.

I hate you, but this was good.

On 8/6/2022 at 8:21 PM, Ty21 said:

kinda funny this is probably one of Schwarzenegger’s most significant and prominent roles but I didn’t even know he was in it. 

Two future hovernors were in this movie - Schwarzenegger and former MN governor Jessie Ventura. Same with The Running Man.

You ultimately know what this means, right? We're about six years away from Dwayne Johnson as the Gov of Florida and Kevin Hart as the Gov of Pennsylvania (or the Commonwealth of PA or whatever they like to call themselves...)

10 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

In the “do the universe” movie they mentioned the name Shirley beavis. Which means that’s not his first name, even though all this time we thought it was. Also a reporter mentions butt-head as Mr. Boothroid so who knows what their names are.

Yes! I heard Shirley Beavis and immediately said (out loud, mind you) "Beavis is HIS LAST NAME!" like I cracked some code. I didn't hear the reference to Mr. Boothroid, so I guess I'll need to watch it again today.

I now like to believe it's Seth Beavis and Eric Boothroid... So much now lines up for my childhood.

I thought Bullet Train was a very fun movie, but a little over the top at times. The few annoying parts didn’t take away from the movie for me though. Had a few laughs as well but wish they didn’t force some of the comedy. 

After watching this and a few other movies lately it’s made me think that every movie that comes out now is made to be watched once and try to make it as entertaining as possible for that one view. Instead of trying to make a classic movie that can be rewatched or appreciated more. Or it’s me IDK.