What movie are you watching?

Forge

Watched November Criminals last night. Trailer looked okay, movie was a bit better than I was expecting but still not particularly memorable which is what I can say about most Ansel Elgort movies. Btw John Green came into my work on Saturday it was really cool. He wrote fault in our stars which I read while I had cancer and a few others 

On 11/11/2018 at 6:34 PM, Outpost31 said:

I was about to watch Ghost Stories.  Then I just wanted to get a little hint of the plot, couldn't help myself and read it all.  Extremely happy I did because I would have been super upset if I sat through an hour and a half to get to that. 

You ruined it then.  I went into it knowing nothing and was genuinely creeped out by it.  The ending was unexpected but I didn't hate it.  

On 11/12/2018 at 10:45 PM, Spooky said:

Saw A Star Is Born on Saturday. Easily my favorite movie of the year. Soundtrack is awesome

My wife dragged me to that movie.. I had no interest.

It was great...predictable..but great.... GaGa and Cooper both did a fantastic job.

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

My wife dragged me to that movie.. I had no interest.

It was great...predictable..but great.... GaGa and Cooper both did a fantastic job.

It's weird to say because he really is a big star, but I think Bradley Cooper is one of the more under rated actors of the past decade.  I thought he should have won best actor over DDL for Silver Linings Playbook.  DDL was good as Lincoln, but I don't think it's even in DDL's top 5 roles.  Cooper carried SLP in my opinion.  Cooper has done comedy, action, and drama and excelled at times in all of them.  Not a flawless resume, but no one has that.

Another under rated aspect.  His voice work as Rocket in the MCU has been exceptional.  He doesn't pull a Ryan Reynolds and you just hear his voice (which is what most actors do in voice only roles) coming out of the animated character, I actually forgot it was Cooper when typing the section above, but then remembered when looking at his filmography.  That he does a great job and you really don't know it's him if you didn't know already is a testament to that work.

Edited by THE DUKE

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

It's weird to say because he really is a big star, but I think Bradley Cooper is one of the more under rated actors of the past decade.  I thought he should have won best actor over DDL for Silver Linings Playbook.  DDL was good as Lincoln, but I don't think it's even in DDL's top 5 roles.  Cooper carried SLP in my opinion.  Cooper has done comedy, action, and drama and excelled at times in all of them.  Not a flawless resume, but no one has that.

Another under rated aspect.  His voice work as Rocket in the MCU has been exceptional.  He doesn't pull a Ryan Reynolds and you just hear his voice (which is what most actors do in voice only roles) coming out of the animated character, I actually forgot it was Cooper when typing the section above, but then remembered when looking at his filmography.  That he does a great job and you really don't know it's him if you didn't know already is a testament to that work.

I think some still don't take him as serious because of his earlier work...green hornet, just friends, van wilder.. stuff like that

I agree that he is a very good actor.. and absolutely carries SLP.

Now he is going to be the voice of pikachu!!!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I think some still don't take him as serious because of his earlier work...green hornet, just friends, van wilder.. stuff like that

I agree that he is a very good actor.. and absolutely carries SLP.

Now he is going to be the voice of pikachu!!!!!!! 

You realize that he is saying that Cooper is underrated right? Because you go into naming 2 Ryan Reynolds movies (yes, green hornet was the wrong movie there) to back up that he caries SLP (a movie that RR is not in, but Cooper is). Then you go back to a Ryan Reynolds role. There is a lot of confusion on who you are talking about in this post.

10 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

You realize that he is saying that Cooper is underrated right? Because you go into naming 2 Ryan Reynolds movies (yes, green hornet was the wrong movie there) to back up that he caries SLP (a movie that RR is not in, but Cooper is). Then you go back to a Ryan Reynolds role. There is a lot of confusion on who you are talking about in this post.

wow.. I am stupid sometimes..

I did realize it.... I was agreeing that Cooper is underrated and then mixed the two somehow in my head..  I'll just go away... lol 

• Like 2

I watched 13 Cameras on Netflix last night. It was... 'interesting' in spots, but it's another horror film that relies on teens doing stupid ish (without going into spoilers) in order to make the plot work. Watch and you'll see what I mean.

Which BTW, that dude is creepy as hell.