What movie are you watching?

Forge

23 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

The Ballard of Buster Scruggs a Coen Brothers film.

This movie was messed up, sad and weird at the same time. The way it was made though I am giving it a 7/10.

Has James Franco, Liam Neeson and some other minor characters from their previous films.

I honestly can't decide if it's a great movie or a meh movie... Will probably have to watch it again.

The Liam Neeson one almost made me cry at the end of it though... Not going to lie

Also when the hell did Dudley Dursley learn how to act? I almost didn't even realize it was him, lol.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I honestly can't decide if it's a great movie or a meh movie... Will probably have to watch it again.

The Liam Neeson one almost made me cry at the end of it though... Not going to lie

Also when the hell did Dudley Dursley learn how to act? I almost didn't even realize it was him, lol.

I'm not sure I was shocked when I learned it was him too lol.

• Like 1

I actually thought the two earlier, lighter chapters were the worst. The middle three (Neeson, gold mining, wagon train) were really, really good. The final one was interesting but sorta felt like a minisode of Hateful Eight. It wasnt a masterpiece, but I dont think they were intending to make one. Certainly the format limited character development and such, but for what they wanted to do, make a unique film that takes you the gambit of emotions over two hours, they accomplished.

I loved how they starter with such lighthearted surrealism and next thing you know its a 25 minute segmet of the most realistic depiction of small-time gold mining in the 19th century that I have ever seen. Just all over the place. It was fun.

got some of my inlaws coming up for dinner tommorrow and they like those stuffy pretentious foreign films.

i picked out something called "A Serbian Film" because it sounds the most boring and pretentious. No idea what its about but ut sounds dumb. ugh, hopefully i get drunk enough so i can fall asleep during it

• Like 1