Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'd take Thielen on the Ravens tbh.

He’d be quite affordable for this season at the very least. He’d definitely be exactly the kind of player that could push the needle forward too for the offense. Without a 3rd round pick, it’d definitely be a difficult move to execute however.

A 2nd round pick for a 30 year old WR expected to see a significant salary increase in the next few seasons seems a bit rich. Yet a 4th seems like it might not be enough compensation to win a sweepstakes for his services unless we’re using the BoB Hopkins trade value scale. Perhaps a 2021 4th and 2022 3rd would be enough to get it done.

That said, knowing DeCosta, he ninjas it through for like a 2030 6th round pick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

He’d be quite affordable for this season at the very least. He’d definitely be exactly the kind of player that could push the needle forward too for the offense. Without a 3rd round pick, it’d definitely be a difficult move to execute however.

A 2nd round pick for a 30 year old WR expected to see a significant salary increase in the next few seasons seems a bit rich. Yet a 4th seems like it might not be enough compensation to win a sweepstakes for his services unless we’re using the BoB Hopkins trade value scale. Perhaps a 2021 4th and 2022 3rd would be enough to get it done.

That said, knowing DeCosta, he ninjas it through for like a 2030 6th round pick.

I was thinking a 5th round pick tbh, mirrors the Marcus Peters deal :)

24 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I was thinking a 5th round pick tbh, mirrors the Marcus Peters deal :)

Oh I’d find that absolutely lovely. Though Peters only had one year left on his deal IIRC and the deal was for Young and a 5th. Could be assumed that Young pushed the value up to sort of a 4th or so. I’d consider Thielen to be a little more valuable than Peters was to the Rams. How much more valuable though considering it looks like a salary dump type situation, I have no idea.

I know years ago Anquan Boldin was traded for a 3rd and 4th. He was also of a similar age to Thielen as well. Though that was also not with an impending cap reduction into play that was influencing the salary dump. Will be interesting to see if he gets traded and what the compensation will be for though. He’d definitely help us out a lot though, so I wouldn’t even be made if a 4th+3rd is considered an overpay for his services. Replacing Boykin with Thielen, a guy who is money against a zone and can still get wins against man coverage (especially if he’s getting the #2 corner), would be so worth it.

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Oh I’d find that absolutely lovely. Though Peters only had one year left on his deal IIRC and the deal was for Young and a 5th. Could be assumed that Young pushed the value up to sort of a 4th or so. I’d consider Thielen to be a little more valuable than Peters was to the Rams. How much more valuable though considering it looks like a salary dump type situation, I have no idea.

I know years ago Anquan Boldin was traded for a 3rd and 4th. He was also of a similar age to Thielen as well. Though that was also not with an impending cap reduction into play that was influencing the salary dump. Will be interesting to see if he gets traded and what the compensation will be for though. He’d definitely help us out a lot though, so I wouldn’t even be made if a 4th+3rd is considered an overpay for his services. Replacing Boykin with Thielen, a guy who is money against a zone and can still get wins against man coverage (especially if he’s getting the #2 corner), would be so worth it.

Miles Boykin + a 5th. Let's make this happen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I can't recall Omar Kelly ever breaking news and he doesn't have much credibility within the Miami market. He's the Manish Mehta of Miami. We'll see if he is right but I am definitely not going to believe it until its confirmed by a more trustworthy person.

29 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Coming from someone who actually has legit inside information. Seems like it's the same deal as the Tunsil situation last year. We aren't actively trying to trade him but.... if you're going to offer 2 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick it would be foolish not to listen.

41 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Miles Boykin + a 5th. Let's make this happen.

How depressing would it be if we traded him and they actually developed him into the stud that his measurables would have one think he could become? 

But yeah Boykin might legit be a player that has “some value” because of his potential, similar to Young last season. He could legit be used in a trade for sure. Hadn’t really consider that, even if you were probably largely joking. Even if it’s Thielen for Boykin and a 4th, that would be quite lovely.

• Like 1