Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Why on earth would the Lions do that. I am immediately requesting a trade if I'm Matt Stafford

Why on earth would the giants even ask? Does Dave seriously look at the giants right now and go, "you know what this teams problem is? Receiver". 

That just worries me from a giants team building standpoint lol

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I honestly still wouldn’t do that.  I get that it’s an overwhelming offer, but you’ve got an MVP/Super Bowl winning, best in the league, QB at only 25 years old.  Draft picks are unknowns, no matter how many of them there are - even Lawrence.  I firmly believe that Mahomes is 100% untouchable.

With Andy Reid at HC? This isn’t even a question, this deal gets done for sure IMO. 5 first round picks over the next three seasons, two 2nd round picks, Arguably the greatest QB prospect of all time, what looks like a PB/AP level LT talent in Becton, a top 10 and ascending DI presence in Williams, and Mims? Throw in the fact that you now are back to having your franchise QB on a rookie deal for 4-5 seasons (four because the extension will likely come year 4)?

This is an absolute no brainer move for almost any franchise. Especially considering all of that young elite talent will ALSO be on rookie deals. And you’ve got Andy Reid coaching up this greatest QB prospect of all time? Even if he falls short of Patrick Mahomes and is ONLY on the Andrew Luck level of ability... imagine if Andrew Luck wasn’t trapped behind a terrible OL with mediocre talent surrounding him... but instead had one of the best offensive minds in NFL history in his corner, along with an elite OL (once you consider Becton and what they can do with just some of those picks), already elite WR weapons, while also powered by a front 7 that could rival the 49ers last season if the draft lands in your favor, and/or a DB field that might rival the Patriots.

The Chiefs, as currently constructed, will very soon become cash strapped and will have to require more and more of Mahomes on a weekly basis. Whereas with one stroke of a wand they could solve that problem and field an even stronger overall team. Lamar might not be on Mahomes level, but he’s certainly on the level just below that. And even I would consider trading him for just the idea of Lawrence (By idea I mean the Best QB prospect of all time)... thus Lawrence and two firsts would quite easily force me to shift beyond my current allegiances to Lamar, particularly considering the upcoming cap weight Lamar will bring to the equation. Even considering Mahomes to be worth more than Lamar, three additional 1sts, two 2nds, Becton, Williams, and Mims added on top of that? Mahomes isn’t worth that much more than Lamar for the answer to such overwhelming value to be a no. I guess it’s your opinion though, but I strongly disagree with it in this particular instance.

EDIT: And I’m not upset or anything, if thats how this comes across. This deal and just thinking conceptually of what type of calamity a smart franchise could sew upon the league when handed such picks to play with along with an extremely likely top 10 QB from the jump would be INCREDIBLY exciting to behold... vs picks such as these going to a mediocre (Rams with that RG3 deal) or poorly run (Browns with the hauls they’ve received over the years). I’m sure the Ravens or Pats in such shoes would trade at least a couple of those 1sts so that each year they already have a future 1st to play with in the event that another overwhelming prospect prevents himself to be traded up for.

Edited by diamondbull424

18 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

No good olinemen on the trading block?

Definitely not. You may be able to find competent guys but nobody I can think of that would make you really feel good. Guys who can start and not embarrass themselves, but not give you much more than that. 

50 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

With Andy Reid at HC? This isn’t even a question, this deal gets done for sure IMO. 5 first round picks over the next three seasons, two 2nd round picks, Arguably the greatest QB prospect of all time, what looks like a PB/AP level LT talent in Becton, a top 10 and ascending DI presence in Williams, and Mims? Throw in the fact that you now are back to having your franchise QB on a rookie deal for 4-5 seasons (four because the extension will likely come year 4)?

This is an absolute no brainer move for almost any franchise. Especially considering all of that young elite talent will ALSO be on rookie deals. And you’ve got Andy Reid coaching up this greatest QB prospect of all time? Even if he falls short of Patrick Mahomes and is ONLY on the Andrew Luck level of ability... imagine if Andrew Luck wasn’t trapped behind a terrible OL with mediocre talent surrounding him... but instead had one of the best offensive minds in NFL history in his corner, along with an elite OL (once you consider Becton and what they can do with just some of those picks), already elite WR weapons, while also powered by a front 7 that could rival the 49ers last season if the draft lands in your favor, and/or a DB field that might rival the Patriots.

The Chiefs, as currently constructed, will very soon become cash strapped and will have to require more and more of Mahomes on a weekly basis. Whereas with one stroke of a wand they could solve that problem and field an even stronger overall team. Lamar might not be on Mahomes level, but he’s certainly on the level just below that. And even I would consider trading him for just the idea of Lawrence (By idea I mean the Best QB prospect of all time)... thus Lawrence and two firsts would quite easily force me to shift beyond my current allegiances to Lamar, particularly considering the upcoming cap weight Lamar will bring to the equation. Even considering Mahomes to be worth more than Lamar, three additional 1sts, two 2nds, Becton, Williams, and Mims added on top of that? Mahomes isn’t worth that much more than Lamar for the answer to such overwhelming value to be a no. I guess it’s your opinion though, but I strongly disagree with it in this particular instance.

EDIT: And I’m not upset or anything, if thats how this comes across. This deal and just thinking conceptually of what type of calamity a smart franchise could sew upon the league when handed such picks to play with along with an extremely likely top 10 QB from the jump would be INCREDIBLY exciting to behold... vs picks such as these going to a mediocre (Rams with that RG3 deal) or poorly run (Browns with the hauls they’ve received over the years). I’m sure the Ravens or Pats in such shoes would trade at least a couple of those 1sts so that each year they already have a future 1st to play with in the event that another overwhelming prospect prevents himself to be traded up for.

That would be a dumb trade for the Jets. Mahomes in NYJ without the draft equity to surround him, with Gase instead of Reid and losing your top level LT. Mahomes would struggle. They are better served keeping Becton and Williams with Mims and all that draft equity and build a playoff team in 2 to 3 years tops.

I know this is all crazy hypothetical. Not a knock on Mahomes. No single player ever is worth that and would make a team better, losing all that.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Why on earth would the giants even ask? Does Dave seriously look at the giants right now and go, "you know what this teams problem is? Receiver". 

That just worries me from a giants team building standpoint lol

Yes, that was my thought as well 

Lions talking about trading golladay rather than paying him? Ok, I get that 

Trading him to the giants? LOL that makes zero sense 

So it makes the rumor either completely false, or gettleman is a dunce 

Could go either way but really it's a false rumor 

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

That would be a dumb trade for the Jets. Mahomes in NYJ without the draft equity to surround him, with Gase instead of Reid and losing your top level LT. Mahomes would struggle. They are better served keeping Becton and Williams with Mims and all that draft equity and build a playoff team in 2 to 3 years tops.

I know this is all crazy hypothetical. Not a knock on Mahomes. No single player ever is worth that and would make a team better, losing all that.

Agree. I’m just saying turning down such an imaginary amount of value, if offered, reminds me of those grade school hypotheticals where guys and girls would say, “would you kiss (insert most disliked person of attraction in your school) for $1 million dollars? Well how about a billion dollars?” And the other person would say no to, I suppose, preserve some sort of moral fabric or perhaps for fear of people confusing their answer to said hypothetical with them actually being attracted to said unattractive person.

Its like, it’s a billion... for one kiss. I’m sure I can afford to pay a therapist to help get me past such trauma of embarrassment when I’m rolling in Warren Buffet money. With such a proposal for Mahomes, he’s great and all, but that deal... like you said, would be a serious and foolish loss to ascertain Mahomes services. It would be a severe overpay... which makes it IMO an easy decision for Kansas City to do, in my mind. Obviously it would never happen, but  still, just blows my mind that not everyone would be in agreement over taking such a deal. It’s so extreme in value that it’s Reductio as absurdum (which I’m sure was intentional).

edit: But I realize I’m starting to derail this thread with this. So back on topic, I’m hoping if Golloday is “available” that the Ravens are at least digging to see how much he might be had for. I’m sure it would require an overpay and wouldn’t be worth it, but he’d definitely be an intriguing option to help boost our offense.

Edited by diamondbull424

5 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

No one would be stupid enough to assume they could get him nor give up what it would take. Honestly, it would take 10+ 1sts for me to even consider it at this point. He's essentially un-tradable. Stafford is not.

...I think Skip was just using Mahomes as a placeholder for ‘just because a team answers a phone about player x, doesn’t mean there’s any substantial rumors about player x being traded’. 

Basically downplaying Golladay “rumors”.

7 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I honestly still wouldn’t do that.  I get that it’s an overwhelming offer, but you’ve got an MVP/Super Bowl winning, best in the league, QB at only 25 years old.  Draft picks are unknowns, no matter how many of them there are - even Lawrence.  I firmly believe that Mahomes is 100% untouchable.

I'd do it if I am Veach. Ignoring all the dead money. I have a really hard time to imagine that the Chiefs with Sunshine on a rookie deal, 2 absolute bookends at offensive tackle, massive cap space to improve the team, loads of picks to improve the team would be worse.

But it largely comes down to your opinion of Mahomes. If you believe Mahomes is the greatest thing since slice bread you probably don't do it. If you believe he is a great QB but on the same level as Wilson, Brady, Rodgers etc. and Lawrence is the greatest QB prospect of all time, you should absolutely do it.

But yeah, such offers will never come because people should have learned by now that you need to build a team FIRST and then get the QB, be it via trade, draft or free agency. Giving up the farm for one QB before having a proper team around him has disaster written all over it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Then you lack imagination. Jets trade the draft right to Trevor Lawrence (on a new rookie deal) + Mekhi Beckton + Quinnen Williams + Denzel Mims + their next 3 first round picks + their next 2 second round picks + the Seahawks next 2 firsts. The Jets also trade Sam Darnold to the Steelers for two more seconds and throw that in the trade too. You are just being sentimental if you think that doesn't get it done for any player. 

You have a really wild imagination if you think the jets can get 2 2nds for darnold. 

• Like 1