Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

There’s only 2 teams that are playoff worthy that can afford Gilmore: Philly and Cleveland.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Lions, colts, Steelers, chargers, bears, saints, titans, Packers could all afford him. Rams too. Cardinals have to make a minor move

12 hours ago, squire12 said:

what is this based on?   Signing bonus is with NE.  prorated part of the base salary is with NE.  

about 50% of the $13M base is with NE.

Yeah, not sure why Gilmore's not affordable.  Most teams can restructure as well to clear 6M+ in place.

If NE is really open to dealing him, and someone is willing to pay a 1st, I think we've seen Gilmore play his last game in NE.

26 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Wow looking at 2021 cap space Saints are screwed. This year is their window and then they gonna have to cut alot of players. Negative 78 million in cap space in 2021.

Holyyyy that is rough. I wonder if they have some easy contracts to get out of? Also probably banking on Brees retiring. 

33 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Holyyyy that is rough. I wonder if they have some easy contracts to get out of? Also probably banking on Brees retiring. 

They are totally hosed.   All the contracts come with dead money except maybe about 30-40M or so.   Even if Brees doesn't come back and they cut every last deadweight guy that can bring them $, they're in huge trouble.   Brees saves them 13.5M.    Malcolm Brown saves them 5M.   Sanders & Janoris Jenkins & Lat Murray saves them 13.5M combined.   Even restructuring guys like Lattimore, Easton, Armstead & Ramczyk completely (guys with 6M - 11M salaries) only gets them about 20M.    That's 50M.   Still need to find another 30M and no one else on the roster really has a lot of money to create.

They pretty much have to trade Michael Thomas in the offseason as step 1.  They can't even do it now or pre-June 1, because the dead cap hit is too great.   If they trade him after June 1, they save 12.8M.   It's going to be really ugly this offseason in the Bayou.

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Wow looking at 2021 cap space Saints are screwed. This year is their window and then they gonna have to cut alot of players. Negative 78 million in cap space in 2021.

So you're telling me that the team that's giving  $16 million guaranteed to Taysom Hill might not be the most prudent spenders? 

5f9.jpg

37 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

They are totally hosed.   All the contracts come with dead money except maybe about 30-40M or so.   Even if Brees doesn't come back and they cut every last deadweight guy that can bring them $, they're in huge trouble.   Brees saves them 13.5M.    Malcolm Brown saves them 5M.   Sanders & Janoris Jenkins & Lat Murray saves them 13.5M combined.   Even restructuring guys like Lattimore, Easton, Armstead & Ramczyk completely (guys with 6M - 11M salaries) only gets them about 20M.    That's 50M.   Still need to find another 30M and no one else on the roster really has a lot of money to create.

They pretty much have to trade Michael Thomas in the offseason as step 1.  They can't even do it now or pre-June 1, because the dead cap hit is too great.   If they trade him after June 1, they save 12.8M.   It's going to be really ugly this offseason in the Bayou.

As a Falcons fan, I love this.

17 minutes ago, Starless said:

I'll feel hosed if it's anything less than the 24th overall pick. He's still got a year left on his deal. Ordinarily that'll boost a guy's value considerably. 

i think Gilmore gets a 2nd at most from a contending team(ravens,rams,lions, packers,Titans, Steelers etc) and a 3rd from a bottom of the league(jets,giants,cowboys,falcons etc) per record as of now.

between the money owed this yr and next that is fair value. but i personally don't think he gets traded.

2 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

i think Gilmore gets a 2nd at most from a contending team(ravens,rams,lions, packers,Titans, Steelers etc) and a 3rd from a bottom of the league(jets,giants,cowboys,falcons etc) per record as of now.

between the money owed this yr and next that is fair value. but i personally don't think he gets traded.

Any team that acquires him would only have to pay him $6 mil for the remainder of this year, and $8 mil for next year. That's nothing for a player of his caliber. 

Edited by Starless

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

A few teams are boned next year, especially if they lower the cap (which I dont think they will).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

A few teams are boned next year, especially if they lower the cap (which I dont think they will).

Yeah my guess is that it stays stagnant. That said, the Eagles and Saints are in for some fun this offseason (and to a slightly lesser extent, Falcons)