Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

Pretty sure Darnold would be at least around a Teddy Bridgewater on a competent team.

Quick rank of current starters minus Tua being something like...

19. Carr

20. Bridgewater

21. Cousins

22. Wentz

23. Rivers

24. Lock

25. Minshew

26. Newton

27. Garoppolo

28. Foles

29. Mayfield

30. Jones

31. DiNucci

Edited by BrownLeader

7 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Pretty sure Darnold would be at least around a Teddy Bridgewater on a competent team.

19. Carr

20. Bridgewater

21. Cousins

22. Wentz

23. Rivers

24. Lock

25. Minshew

26. Newton

27. Garoppolo

28. Foles

29. Mayfield

30. Jones

31. DiNucci

Yeah, bolded is definitely not a safe assumption at this point.

15 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

19. Carr

20. Bridgewater

21. Cousins

22. Wentz

23. Rivers

24. Lock

25. Minshew

26. Newton

27. Garoppolo

28. Foles

29. Mayfield

30. Jones

31. DiNucci

The only thing I'm taking from this is that you think Kyle Allen is a top 18 QB...which is....very bold, if I do say so myself :D:D (I'm really assuming that you just misfired and forgot him) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Being 27th best isn't exactly a selling point

How many people wrote Goff off after his rookie year? I get that this is Darnold's third year, but he might well be much better than we expect when he's not on a totally awful team with a totally awful head coach.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

How many people wrote Goff off after his rookie year? I get that this is Darnold's third year, but he might well be much better than we expect when he's not on a totally awful team with a totally awful head coach.

Yes but the question is what are you giving up for that maybe? He is what he is at this point and I say that as someone who has been advocating for the niners to take a shot. Even if you think he's closer to twenty, as op suggests, that's still not a selling point lol

But I'm not giving up multiple seconds for a guy who has one year left on a rookie deal and is likely not going to be "good" during that year. Tannehill is an outlier historically

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes but the question is what are you giving up for that maybe? He is what he is at this point and I say that as someone who has been advocating for the niners to take a shot. Even if you think he's closer to twenty, as op suggests, that's still not a selling point lol

But I'm not giving up multiple seconds for a guy who has one year left on a rookie deal and is likely not going to be "good" during that year. Tannehill is an outlier historically

I'd give up a second if I didn't have a shot at a decent QB prospect and was a team with the right setup.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I'd give up a second if I didn't have a shot at a decent QB prospect and was a team with the right setup.

I think he gets a day two pick as well. Could be a late two, could be an early three. Somewhere around there. Don't think he gets multiple twos though

2 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

19. Carr

20. Bridgewater

21. Cousins

22. Wentz

23. Rivers

24. Lock

25. Minshew

26. Newton

27. Garoppolo

28. Foles

29. Mayfield

30. Jones

31. DiNucci

😂

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

If Lock flops and Broncos don't pick high enough for top qb, they should package a 3rd for Darnold. With those weapons and a good defense, he'd do good.

The Broncos have never fully sucked enough in the past 20 years to pick a top QB in the draft and they have yet to 'sell the farm' for one. The highest they have ever taken a QB since John Elway was Jay Cutler at #11. Its also a major reason why their post-Peyton era has been so rocky. They are bad, but their defense is always good enough to keep them from being able to pick one of the elite QBs in every draft so they are stuck always reaching for the 4th-5th best QB prospect and having to pray they turn out to be Dak Prescott or Russell Wilson lightning in a bottle type.

Which again is why I hope they just bite the bullet a finally trade whatever necessary for Fields and get it over with.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Gase has had far more time to retard Darnold's development than Fisher did with Goff.