Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I have to imagine Houston is a team making some calls.

Strip it down and build around Watson.

All has been quiet for now. Only four untouchable guys - Watson, Tunsil, Howard and Watt.

I'm sure it'll end with a whimper, Keke Coutee for a 2022 pick...

4 minutes ago, UncleAdamz said:

I would love to see him on the Cardinals... but idk what the chargers will want besides draft capital. Anybody know about what picks he would be worth? I haven't ever really watched him too much, just heard of him.

He's already a Titan. Only took a 6th round pick. He's due to be paid at the end of the season though and should have a nice payday. 

22 minutes ago, ET80 said:

All has been quiet for now. Only four untouchable guys - Watson, Tunsil, Howard and Watt.

I'm sure it'll end with a whimper, Keke Coutee for a 2022 pick...

I get the first 3, but why would Watt be untouchable? If anything it seems like he would be a solid trade piece. Doesn't appear like he has been the same player from a couple years back, is 31 years old, playing on a team that looks like they need to rebuild a bit, and is on a pretty hefty contract. Wouldn't it be best for both parties at this point to trade him to a contender, and get some additional assets for him? I admittedly haven't watched the Texans this season, and maybe he has been more dominant than his numbers would indicate.

Just now, tyler735 said:

I get the first 3, but why would Watt be untouchable? If anything it seems like he would be a solid trade piece. Doesn't appear like he has been the same player from a couple years back, is 31 years old, playing on a team that looks like they need to rebuild a bit, and is on a pretty hefty contract. Wouldn't it be best for both parties at this point to trade him to a contender, and get some additional assets for him? I admittedly haven't watched the Texans this season, and maybe he has been more dominant than his numbers would indicate.

I mean, you're not wrong. I agree. But that's what the team has said, he's not available. Perhaps it's a respect thing? Maybe Watt doesn't want to go? I sincerely don't know. He's still a very good player - not the wrecker he once was, but still playing at a high level. There's a place for Watt on a contender.

It could all be smokescreen for all I know...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Starless said:

Watt to the Packers makes an infinite amount of sense. So it's almost definitely not going to happen. 

Isn't New England not doing well? Watt to Pittsburgh or Watt to Green Bay are the only two real choices that make sense. Send him home or send him to his brothers...

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:
33 minutes ago, Starless said:

Watt to the Packers makes an infinite amount of sense. So it's almost definitely not going to happen. 

Isn't New England not doing well? Watt to Pittsburgh or Watt to Green Bay are the only two real choices that make sense. Send him home or send him to his brothers...

Not sure why you jabbed at NE....

Why Must You Hurt Me In This Way GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I mean, you're not wrong. I agree. But that's what the team has said, he's not available. Perhaps it's a respect thing? Maybe Watt doesn't want to go? I sincerely don't know. He's still a very good player - not the wrecker he once was, but still playing at a high level. There's a place for Watt on a contender.

It could all be smokescreen for all I know...

I wonder if Watt is going to be part of the rebuild as part of helping pick the next coach, etc. 

• Like 1