Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

45 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

But yeah Boykin might legit be a player that has “some value” because of his potential, similar to Young last season. He could legit be used in a trade for sure. Hadn’t really consider that, even if you were probably largely joking. Even if it’s Thielen for Boykin and a 4th, that would be quite lovely.

I know MIN didn't look too bright on the Ngakoue deal but you guys are absolutely dreaming if you think that gets it done. 
If it was a joke then... It was a good one and got me!

• Like 1

Just now, MagicMT said:

I know MIN didn't look too bright on the Ngakoue deal but you guys are absolutely dreaming if you think that gets it done. 

Thielen won’t be going anywhere. He’s a local player, grew up a Vikes fan, not a chance they’d do that to one of their own. 

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Thielen won’t be going anywhere. He’s a local player, grew up a Vikes fan, not a chance they’d do that to one of their own. 

I mean with the emergence of Jefferson if a team offered a 1st and some other pick / player I would definitely listen to that offer !
But I get you and don't think he'll be moved either

1 minute ago, MagicMT said:

Look above for what I believe the projected value could be. I said I think a 4th and 3rd would be “reasonable” compensation considering the Anquan Boldin trade as precedent. Boldin was a year younger than Thielen currently is. Also considering the prospect of a much reduced cap for next season that should only serve to lower the value expectations some. Considering age and future cap ramifications, Thielen isn’t likely to see an overpay in compensation.

Thus the above is only a half joke. It’s more of an “if Eric DeCosta fleeces them for that, then I’m down” Kind of comment. Who would’ve thought the Rams would value Kenny Young as much as they had in that Marcus Peters deal last season. The point is, if Thielen is a salary dump, then the Vikings getting back a WR from the same school and with similar measurables as Chase Claypool might intrigue a team that has shown to be great at developing WRs like Thielen, Jefferson, and Diggs in recent history. Coaches and GMs have shown in the past to have the ego to attempt such projects. If DeCosta could somehow convince them into taking Boykin off our hands in lieu of a future 3rd I’d be all for it.

20 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

I mean with the emergence of Jefferson if a team offered a 1st and some other pick / player I would definitely listen to that offer !
But I get you and don't think he'll be moved either

FWIW I also don’t think he’ll be moved. I covered such within the Ravens forum days ago. However these rumors seem to continue to be there. Thus if the Vikings are really looking to dump salary and are truly willing to move Thielen, then no team is going to offer a 1st for him considering his age and his contract and the covid cap concerns for next season. Even a 2nd round pick would be incredibly unlikely considering the most likely teams that might trade for Thielen would be contenders that are missing that WR to take their offense to the next level. So that’s going to naturally limit the pool of teams to pit against each other for increased compensation (I say this because many of the utmost contenders that might be bold enough to make such a move already have their WR talents in house- like the Chiefs, Steelers, Rams, Bucs, Seahawks, Cardinals, etc). Thus it’s far more likely that IF Thielen gets moved that it’ll be for something like a 3rd+ than for a 1st+. Between the two, the latter is more joke worthy, considering historical precedence for WR trades like Randy Moss going to the Pats for a 4th and Boldin going to the Ravens for a 3rd+4th.

Unless there’s another precedent that better takes into account Thielen’s situation that I’m not considering? And there might. I’m legit not aware of such atm.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Emerica said:

Coming from someone who actually has legit inside information. Seems like it's the same deal as the Tunsil situation last year. We aren't actively trying to trade him but.... if you're going to offer 2 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick it would be foolish not to listen.

This is exactly it.  You listen on everyone, because you never know when a gigantic offer will be made.  X is terrific when he's healthy.  But he hasn't really been healthy that much the past few years.  Someone offers up a 1st, you have to at least listen.