Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Lol at people believing a Manish story.  The Jets are not shopping Quinnen.  It's obviously false.  Please don't quote Manish stories so you save yourself some time.

This isn't the first report of it to be fair. The Jets guy at The Athletic said something similar last week.

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This isn't the first report of it to be fair. The Jets guy at The Athletic said something similar last week.

Cimini and others already shot it down.  The Jets may trade Q but they aren't shopping him and aren't taking anything less than a 1st plus.  Q had been great this year and is under team control for 3 years.  Save your breath or on this case your fingers.

Edited by Rockice_8

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Cimini and others already shot it down.  The Jets may trade Q but they aren't shopping him and aren't taking anything less than a 1st plus.  Q had been great this year and is under team control for 3 years.  Save your breath or on this case your fingers.

I don't even care, the Jags aren't buying.

But don't act like it's only Manish saying this. There's been talk from numerous people the past couple weeks, and I'd imagine the guy at The Athletic is credible. Doesn't mean it will happen but I'd definitely say it's worth discussing. 

Edit: However the asking price I imagine is BS. No way you deal him for less than a 1st considering where you took him just a year ago.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

If you go back to previous deadlines, rarely anything massive happens. So I doubt this or any of the really big names move. But it's fun to talk about the possibility.

I think this year might be a little different because of the COVID impact next season. A lot of teams that are not playoff bound could be aggressive in dumping guys salaries like we have seen the Vikings start doing

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I think this year might be a little different because of the COVID impact next season. A lot of teams that are not playoff bound could be aggressive in dumping guys salaries like we have seen the Vikings start doing

I mean it's possible, just not sure I'd expect that.

Ngakoue was an odd case of being on the tag and likely not wanting to stay there given them falling off a cliff/maybe having to look at a rebuild imo.

Douglas has made it abundantly clear he’ll always listen - offer a kings ransom, relative to what Jamal got, then sure. Otherwise, I doubt there’s any intent to move him. Lost in the Jets dysfunction, Q is really coming into his own this season.

23 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I don't even care, the Jags aren't buying.

But don't act like it's only Manish saying this. There's been talk from numerous people the past couple weeks, and I'd imagine the guy at The Athletic is credible. Doesn't mean it will happen but I'd definitely say it's worth discussing. 

Edit: However the asking price I imagine is BS. No way you deal him for less than a 1st considering where you took him just a year ago.

Yes it's literally only Manish.  The Jets are terrible.  Everyone outside of probably Becton is available for the right price.  That's not a story.  You could write that story without any sources at all it's obvious.  Only Manish is saying the Jets are shopping Q though.

The Jets aren't shopping one of their few controllable blue chips players though so it's really not worth discussing.  This isn't a Adams situation where he's lying to the media to force his way out.  When the discussion is "I'd give up 2 for him" yes it's not worth discussing.

Edited by Rockice_8