Trade Rumors and Discussion

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He's the Definition of throw  💩 against the wall something is bound to stick.

Yeah, I've learned to take nothing he says even remotely serious. Not sure how he still has his gig. He's basically like Florio.

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

La Canfora...

*Yawn*

I'm hearing it locally here - might be based on La Canfora, but could have some legs. Nobody in Houston is letting go of the belief that JJ Watt played his last game as a Texan today. His body language, his post game presser - he's furious things aren't working, and I think he's hoping to get shipped off to a contender (bonus points if his brothers play there...)

We'll see over the course of next week - it's the bye week, so a perfect time to evaluate trade options...

Just now, ET80 said:

I'm hearing it locally here - might be based on La Canfora, but could have some legs. Nobody in Houston is letting go of the belief that JJ Watt played his last game as a Texan today. His body language, his post game presser - he's furious things aren't working, and I think he's hoping to get shipped off to a contender (bonus points if his brothers play there...)

We'll see over the course of next week - it's the bye week, so a perfect time to evaluate trade options...

Yeah, I mean it's possible. Not like this is the first time someone's brought up these things. Been quite a bit of rumors from more credible people the past couple weeks.

Still would be surprised given past deadlines if much happened but we'll see.

• Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

Yeah, I mean it's possible. Not like this is the first time someone's brought up these things. Been quite a bit of rumors from more credible people the past couple weeks.

Still would be surprised given past deadlines if much happened but we'll see.

It's one of those "where there's smoke, there's fire" sort of things.

It's a business, and - for the right compensation - it's the smart move. But my goodness, I'll be heartbroken that day. My Watt jersey will go up next to my Andre Johnson, Arian Foster and DeAndre Hopkins jersey - retired from my rotation too soon. 

• Like 1

Here is how I would play this.

JJ agrees to waive the last year of his deal, takes the trade to Pittsburgh and says that he is open to returning to Houston.

He could even just say that he will always be a part of Houston. He's keeping his home here, etc. His heart is here but the season is over.

I don't think anyone is paying him 17.5 next year anyway.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Send him home. His contract would need to be re-worked but this is definitely something Gute should look into. Watt next to Clark could be problematic for teams even if Watt isn't what he once was.