Week 2 MNF Thead: Saints (1-0) @ Raiders (1-0) - Welcome home, Raiders!

RaidersAreOne

We really need Trent Brown... Brady gets a lot of flak for Week 1 but Wirfs got destroyed by Cam Jordan. Both their OT’s got destroyed. We need Kolton Miller and Trent Brown to step up in a big way. The Interior will hold their own. 

Edited by BayRaider

17 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

37-31 raiders

You seem to be good with the Raiders score so far this year, but way off on the other team. 

Now I’m thinking 45-37 Saints in an epic shootout...

Edit: Didn’t realize I triple posted, shoulda did a multi-quote. Oh well. 

Edited by BayRaider

I personally think we get 3-4 sacks this game.  We could've had more against the Panthers but every time the pocket collapsed Bridgewater was able to take off for huge gains.  Brees is no where near as mobile and will probably end up getting hit more than Bridgewater was.  Hoping to see us hit 4+ sacks.

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I personally think we get 3-4 sacks this game.  We could've had more against the Panthers but every time the pocket collapsed Bridgewater was able to take off for huge gains.  Brees is no where near as mobile and will probably end up getting hit more than Bridgewater was.  Hoping to see us hit 4+ sacks.

You do realize Saints have the best pass protection every year right? Their OL is nuts and Brees usually has all day. Maybe we sneak 1-2 sacks, but I wouldn’t be surprised with 0 and almost no pressure all game. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You do realize Saints have the best pass protection every year right? Their OL is nuts and Brees usually has all day. Maybe we sneak 1-2 sacks, but I wouldn’t be surprised with 0 and almost no pressure all game. 

I don't care about facts.  I want to see sacks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Saints offense didn't look great last week, they just capitalized on the Buccaneers mistakes. We need Ruggs at 100% if we're going to have a chance, IMO. 

I still really fear the Saints Offense. Most Offenses looked meh Week 1 cause no pre season, plus the Bucs are easily a Top 6-7 Defense in the NFL. Raiders are maybe 19 at best and 27 at worst... probably somewhere in the middle like 22. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I still really fear the Saints Offense. Most Offenses looked meh Week 1 cause no pre season, plus the Bucs are easily a Top 6-7 Defense in the NFL. Raiders are maybe 19 at best and 27 at worst... probably somewhere in the middle like 22. 

It's definitely going to be a huge test for us but Michael Thomas being out also plays in our favor. I don't know about easily a top 6-7 defense in the NFL for Tampa Bay, they were like 15th last season and didn't add a ton. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

It's definitely going to be a huge test for us but Michael Thomas being out also plays in our favor. I don't know about easily a top 6-7 defense in the NFL for Tampa Bay, they were like 15th last season and didn't add a ton. 

TB was 5th in Defensive DVOA last year and most sites have them projected Top 7 for 2020. 

Regardless, miles better than our defense. That’s for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I feel like we will be able to run on the Saints. I hope Ruggs is healthy and he keeps them honest. We can run on any front 7 in the league. Yea I said it! 

Not gonna disagree with you there, Jacobs and the OL are savage and no Run D will ever shut us down to sub 3 YPC imo. Although we need to go deep more and keep the defense honest. Jacobs had a great game against the Panthers but still only averaged 3.7 YPC because we didn’t keep their defense honest enough.