Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

6 hours ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Everson Griffen now has a sack in 8 consecutive games to begin the season. That ties the NFL record since sacks became an official statistic in 1982. The only 2 players being Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis.

If he gets a sack during the Vikings next game (11/12/17) he will have the record all by himself.

Furthermore I can't seem to find a concrete way to search for this, but does anyone know a way to find streaks of consecutive games with sacks? Not to begin the season but any length of games whenever? 

Edit: I found this 

• So he's close

If i'm being honest, I hope he doesn't beat Jared Allen. Loved that guy.

Karlos Dansby joined the rare 40 sack 20 INT club on Sunday. Joins only Ray Lewis, Wilber Marshall, Seth Joyner, and Brian Urlacher in that accomplishment.

Shame he never got a ring. Feel like with one and his body of work he'd have gotten HOF consideration maybe. He's been great for a long time. Lewis and Urlacher are HOFers and Joyner was a nominee last year as well.

So, Dez Bryant broke up his EIGHTH pass of the season, which would put him 3rd on passes broken up, if he were a DB.

This time, it was Marcus Peters who was about to intecrept a ball (it was a fantastic piece of defense reading - you should check this out). But Bryant broke it up. 

Eight passes broken up from a WR....

• Like 1