Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

47 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

We have, coming up; Wentz, Mahomes, Watson, Jackson.....also Baker and Dak...

So we'll reassess after that gauntlet. 

Baker is one of the 5 worst QBs in football this year. He’s gonna get destroyed in 2 weeks

8 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Baker is one of the 5 worst QBs in football this year. He’s gonna get destroyed in 2 weeks

Ehhh. Baker has always been overrated, and the Browns need to fire their HC, but they are a bi-polar team. They can turn on the jets at any time. I was looking at New Englands schedule and the Brown game has a possibility of being a trap game. New England is losing at least two football games. One could be Philly in Philly. The other is gonna be one no one sees coming. 

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Patriots defense might just set NFL records based on schedule alone.

To be fair, that 5 week stretch includes a bye week and a week against the Ravens. While Jackson is inexperienced, we can't really lump the Ravens offense in with the rest of who the Pats have played so far.

Really they have two more weeks of teams/QBs they can exploit, and then they'll get tested hard for like 6 weeks.

I'm intrigued to see if there's any offense in particular that they struggle with, because they'll get a little bit of everything thrown at them at some point. The top 3 overall offenses, 2 in the top 5 of passing, the #2 rushing O, couple run heavy offenses, a few teams with crazy talent at WR, two great TEs, etc. They get a good mix. So we will learn a lot soon enough.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Ehhh. Baker has always been overrated, and the Browns need to fire their HC, but they are a bi-polar team. They can turn on the jets at any time. I was looking at New Englands schedule and the Brown game has a possibility of being a trap game. New England is losing at least two football games. One could be Philly in Philly. The other is gonna be one no one sees coming. 

I doubt it Baker has been a pick machine this year and that Patriots secondary is really good.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I doubt it Baker has been a pick machine this year and that Patriots secondary is really good.

I am by no means predicting the Browns to win that game, just saying the poster is way over confident. Pats will lose at least one game that is a bit of a shocker. Could be Baltimore, Dallas, Cleveland, etc. 

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I am by no means predicting the Browns to win that game, just saying the poster is way over confident. Pats will lose at least one game that is a bit of a shocker. Could be Baltimore, Dallas, Cleveland, etc. 

I don't think that any of the games of that stretch being a loss (CLE, BAL, PHI, DAL, HOU, KC) would be an absolute shocker. CLE more than the others but these are all losable games. I think there are probably 2 losses in there.

49 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I don't think that any of the games of that stretch being a loss (CLE, BAL, PHI, DAL, HOU, KC) would be an absolute shocker. CLE more than the others but these are all losable games. I think there are probably 2 losses in there.

I could see Philly and Houston perhaps. I could see New England going 14-2 this season. And I’m usually saying they will go 12-4 when everyone is screaming 15-1/16-0. 

People being quite harsh on the offense. 30 mph wind, 7th rounders as receivers who can't get open and a busted up OL. Not many offenses or QBs would look amazing in that. TB still had a period of going 15 for 15, and tore through them on a few drives. RZ is an issue.

Gillmore allowed just two catches on his eight targets in coverage. He also tacked on four forced incompletions and one interception and one dropped interception. Jonathan Jones also added a couple of forced incompletions on his seven targets in coverage and J.C. Jackson forced one on his two targets in coverage. This trio came in clutch on third and fourth down, with the three combining for six targets in coverage and forcing an incompletion on every single one of those.

When Daniel Jones threw 10-plus yards downfield, the Pats’ defense allowed -1.8 EPA per pass while forcing a contested target on 70% of those and collecting seven combined pass breakups and interceptions.

caveat; the receivers were ****e. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

Newsflash: Brady misses Gronk something rotten.

Brady’s 14 passing attempts at or behind the line of scrimmage were the second-most we have ever seen from him in a game, and over 51% of his total passes were less than three yards downfield

After last night’s game, just 6.1% of Brady’s total targets in 2019 have gone to a tight end, which is on pace to be his career low. Gronk was Brady’s number one option on intermediate and deep passes. Gronk has been the recipient of 445 targets of 10-plus yards from Brady in his career. That total is more than any other receiver of Brady’s by 140 since 2006. Gronk wasn’t the only one in the QB-receiver relationship to thrive either, as Brady’s passer rating to Gronk on those targets was 131.4 and his completion percentage was at 59.8%, which is also 8% higher than his completion percentage on those same throws to any receiver on their active roster.

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I could see Philly and Houston perhaps. I could see New England going 14-2 this season. And I’m usually saying they will go 12-4 when everyone is screaming 15-1/16-0. 

Agreed. 14-2 seems reasonable.