Notable Stats and Observations

Hunter2_1

14 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Taking out plays that negated by penalty, Mayfield dropped back to pass 26 times, and 14 of those he was facing some type of pressure. When under duress, Mayfield put up a 0.0 passer rating and completed 1-of-10 passes.

Nearly 50% of Mayfield’s pressured dropbacks in 2019 have ended with him outside of the pocket (highest in NFL) and he is averaging just 1.2 yards per attempt. Last night, Mayfield had six dropbacks under pressure and outside the pocket, with one leading to a sack and the other five leading to incomplete passes. In other words, his offensive line is giving up a good amount of pressure and Baker is trying to overcompensate for it.

I agree with most of this, but as per the bold, many times he has a clean pocket, and instead of navigating the pocket by stepping up, side stepping, etc., he panics because his primary WR is covered and feels pocket ghosts, relying on his improvisation skills and mobility to make a big play instead of getting to a secondary/tertiary WR, especially checkdowns. He needs to learn that sometimes 2nd and 6 or 2nd and 7 is a good down...not to mention RAC opportunities for guys like Chubb, Hilliard, and a TE.

His OL is terrible and needs addressed, but a LOT of the bolded is squarely on Mayfield.

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I agree with most of this, but as per the bold, many times he has a clean pocket, and instead of navigating the pocket by stepping up, side stepping, etc., he panics because his primary WR is covered and feels pocket ghosts, relying on his improvisation skills and mobility to make a big play instead of getting to a secondary/tertiary WR, especially checkdowns. He needs to learn that sometimes 2nd and 6 or 2nd and 7 is a good down...not to mention RAC opportunities for guys like Chubb, Hilliard, and a TE.

His OL is terrible and needs addressed, but a LOT of the bolded is squarely on Mayfield.

Completely agree.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I agree with most of this, but as per the bold, many times he has a clean pocket, and instead of navigating the pocket by stepping up, side stepping, etc., he panics because his primary WR is covered and feels pocket ghosts

If the Browns are paying WR Odell a whopping $17 million this year, and also paying WR Landry $14 million this year, how can the primary WR possibly be covered?

Just now, FinSting said:

If the Browns are paying WR Odell a whopping $17 million this year, and also paying WR Landry $14 million this year, how can the primary WR possibly be covered?

Because Baker can't read a defense/scan the field and can't identify who his primary is before the ball is snapped, much less audible to a hot route.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

RT Bryan Bulaga has now faced Khalil Mack, Danielle Hunter, Von Miller, Brandon Graham and DeMarcus Lawrence and hasn’t given up a sack.

Oof.

I've been impressed with Ramczyk shutting down JJ Watt, Jadaveon Clowney, DeMarcus Lawrence and Shaq Barrett (6 matchups with Barrett, zero pressures allowed).

You've taken this from me.

Edited by Dome

8 minutes ago, Dome said:

Oof.

I've been impressed with Ramczyk shutting down JJ Watt, Jadaveon Clowney, DeMarcus Lawrence and Shaq Barrett (6 matchups with Barrett, zero pressures allowed).

Those are two great lists of pass rushers. Ramczyk is top 5 as well. 

Very impressive start to the season for both tackles. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cheesehawk said:

Those are two great lists of pass rushers. Ramczyk is top 5 as well. 

Very impressive start to the season for both tackles. 

I wanted to have the best list of pass rushers for my RT.

• Like 1