GDT: at Seahawks - 09/27 @4:25pm - Team 40 Burger

Texas_OutLaw7

10 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I was thinking the other day about how much I loved Jaylon Smith just 1 year ago, and have been trying to think of players that fell off the fan cliff in a similar way.

Roy Williams (safety) and Julius Jones are the only two that came to mind.

Felix Jones

Anthony Spencer

Antonio Bryant

Mike Jenkins

Bruce Carter

CB we traded up to get 1st and 2nd round picks to snag him at #6

To name a few.

2 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Felix Jones

Anthony Spencer

Antonio Bryant

Mike Jenkins

Bruce Carter

To name a few.

Newman was solid. Didnt get the turnovers the team would have liked but he didnt miss time and he was ok to solid in coverage. 

Carter, Jenkins and Bryant would be the only ones I would call a one year wonder. Miles Austin honorable mention??

13 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I was thinking the other day about how much I loved Jaylon Smith just 1 year ago, and have been trying to think of players that fell off the fan cliff in a similar way.

Roy Williams (safety) and Julius Jones are the only two that came to mind.

Loved Roy Williams.

I thought Bruce Carter would have been more than what he was.

13 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Newman was solid. Didnt get the turnovers the team would have liked but he didnt miss time and he was ok to solid in coverage. 

Carter, Jenkins and Bryant would be the only ones I would call a one year wonder. Miles Austin honorable mention??

It wasn't Newman, the guy in thinking of was drafted later. He played for LSU I believe, Morris Claiborne- I had to look it up.

Edited by Rtnldave
Add on

14 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Austin and Patrick Crayton. He had a nice regular season run and then wet the bed in the playoffs.

Ugh, soooooo many almosts or what ifs and so close s. If just ONE of these guys stepped up big in a post season game, perhaps Romo or Witten or others would have had that elusive ring.

14 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

Felix Jones

Anthony Spencer

Antonio Bryant

Mike Jenkins

Bruce Carter

To name a few.

Bruce Carter is kinda the opposite, no? He was thinking of players that were fan favorites and then the fans turned on them. Guys like Witten, and Beasley. We all loved them, but by the time they played their last season with us we all hated them.

Bruce Carter on the other hand was kind of a dud, but then turned it around late. None of us really liked Bruce Carter but by the end of his Dallas tenure we all loved him. Remember Bruce-Lee?

I mean, his last year with the Cowboys he had 68 tackles, 5 TFLs, 3 QB hits, 1 sack, 8 Pass Def, 5 INTs, 72 ret yards, and 1 TD on the way to a Dez non catch playoff loss.

There wasn’t a lot of hate for him that year. Not to mention we got a 4th round comp pick because he did so good, and we used that comp pick on a QB named Dak Prescott. 

Bruce Carter ended up a hero here really. 

Edited by DaBoys

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Bruce Carter is kinda the opposite, no? He was thinking of players that were fan favorites and then the fans turned on them. Guys like Witten, and Beasley. We all loved them, but by the time they played their last season with us we all hated them.

Bruce Carter on the other hand was kind of a dud, but then turned it around late. None of us really liked Bruce Carter but by the end of his Dallas tenure we all loved him. Remember Bruce-Lee?

I mean, his last year with the Cowboys he had 68 tackles, 5 TFLs, 3 QB hits, 1 sack, 8 Pass Def, 5 INTs, 72 ret yards, and 1 TD on the way to a Dez non catch playoff loss.

There wasn’t a lot of hate for him that year. Not to mention we got a 4th round comp pick because he did so good, and we used that comp pick on a QB named Dak Prescott. 

Bruce Carter ended up a hero here really. 

Edited by Rtnldave

12 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don’t think any of those players ever vet inspired that amount of love.

Everyone is entitled their opinion. But when we took F. Jones over R. Mendenhaul to the Steelers, I was furious!

Then we see Jones on a kick return for a TD in a shoot out game over the Iggles on MNF. Everyone loved him them. 

Then he had a nice run against NYG and fumbled and then the wheels started to come off the cart. Many on here defended him jealously.

Same with Claiborne. People on here LOVED the pick in spite of the fact we had to give up our 2nd or was it the next year's 1st to get him.

I made the remark "he better be able to walk on water for what we gave up." And everyone raved about how our secondary will be awesome because of him.

Edited by Rtnldave

Smith and LVE are top in my list of players who underperformed the most last year.  I don’t know if that underperformance was more scheme of ability.  Smith has shown he can make plays and made a lot of plays last year it is just his play making had little positive effect in the game. leading the team in tackles is fine but not fine if all those tackles are 5-7 yards down field.  Smith I think is not a dud but we want to see Vin Miller or Luke K type plays for him Every down and he is not being put in position to make those plays a lot of times  And to make matters worse He at times makes errors of judgement putting himself out of position or caught up in the mess caused by our DL not doing their job.  LVE has just been hurt too much.  Smith IMO needs to be pressing more