GDT: at Seahawks - 09/27 @4:25pm - Team 40 Burger

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Via Twitter....

Chido is expected to miss multiple weeks (hammy) per MM. 

Guess this means Carr is going to be playing CB instead of safety.

I wonder how depleted the secondary has to get before Dallas calls ET...

I’ve been against ET after his stunts in Baltimore but I’m 100% on board now

For the love of everything....

Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith said the defense "absolutely" could benefit by simplifying Mike Nolan's scheme. "Just allowing us more opportunity to (hone) in on what we're actually going to run in our game plan. ...With a smaller playbook, it gives us better opportunity to do that."

Now it’s too complex?  Seriously WTF?

I’m thinking maybe some on this team are just too stupid, period. Hey 
Edited by WizardHawk

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith said the defense "absolutely" could benefit by simplifying Mike Nolan's scheme. "Just allowing us more opportunity to (hone) in on what we're actually going to run in our game plan. ...With a smaller playbook, it gives us better opportunity to do that."

I think a lot of it has to do with the shortened off-season. Players usually get what - 3 months or so to adjust to a new system? Instead they only had one, coupled with no pre-season.

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

For a team switching new coaches, new scheme and new playbook. Coupled with the fact no preseason to learn new techniques, new verbiage, new positions, it was only natural for this team to struggle on defense. 

6 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Which I get it.....guess I’m not ready to hear any complaining about too complex after hearing 5 yrs worth of too simple.

Particularly from the guy on a $12M/yr contract playing like trash, lol. Go critique some more wines if you're not cut out for NFL football, Jaylon

10 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Particularly from the guy on a $12M/yr contract playing like trash, lol. Go critique some more wines if you're not cut out for NFL football, Jaylon

I was thinking the other day about how much I loved Jaylon Smith just 1 year ago, and have been trying to think of players that fell off the fan cliff in a similar way.

Roy Williams (safety) and Julius Jones are the only two that came to mind.

43 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I was thinking the other day about how much I loved Jaylon Smith just 1 year ago, and have been trying to think of players that fell off the fan cliff in a similar way.

Vander Esch is right there too.  I thought he was the next Luke Kuechly his rookie year.  The wolf hunter etc.  Now, he’s barely a step ahead of Barbie Carpenter.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

26 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Vander Esch is right there too.  I thought he was the next Luke Kuechly his rookie year.  The wolf hunter etc.  Now, he’s barely a step ahead of Barbie Carpenter.

LVE has given us Pro Bowl/All-Pro level of LB play for at least half the games he's played in, guy just keeps getting hurt. With Jaylon that number might be closer to 25%, not even counting his missed rookie year. Jaylon's a really great story... but maybe the problem here is he's a little too aware of it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2811653-the-jaylon-smith-experience-back-on-top-and-bringing-the-cowboys-with-him

This was published when we were 8-5, a good but not great record, pumping up a good but not great defense. It's all right here- he seems like a good guy but more than a little arrogant. As he states, it's his defense, players respond to him, and they've sucked in most of the games since this article was published. Maybe win a playoff game or two before you authorize a puff piece on your "arrival" and your favorite type of Don Julio?

Edited by matt79511

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

This one will be interesting to track. He’s been pretty mediocre since his rookie season, but this hasn’t engendered the same feelings of disdain as I’m starting to feel towards Jaylon. Probably because I fell hook, line, and sinker for Jaylon’s story of redemption/work ethic/inspiration/leadership that, at this point, seems like a total con job, and LVE’s injury issues don’t make him feel quite as much like a bait & switch. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 4:51 PM, WizardHawk said:

The players said the same thing about Rob Ryan. That he had some insane 200 play playbook.